Archived Topic

We are BYU

by hawkwing · 3/21/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjvkw5CE4mU
C
CannonCougar85
They showed this commercial right before the Gonzaga game and it seriously gave me chills. I was way nervous about that game but for some reason as soon as I saw that commercial I knew we were going to win.



Anybody outside of Utah see that commercial? Was it national or just local? If it was national that cost BYU some serious money. I read that a 30 second commercial for the early rounds cost $350,000. And this commercial is one minute long.
U
urroner
CannonCougar85 wrote:
They showed this commercial right before the Gonzaga game and it seriously gave me chills. I was way nervous about that game but for some reason as soon as I saw that commercial I knew we were going to win.



Anybody outside of Utah see that commercial? Was it national or just local? If it was national that cost BYU some serious money. I read that a 30 second commercial for the early rounds cost $350,000. And this commercial is one minute long.


I live in Florida and saw it. Does the broadcaster give the team any free time to do a commercial about themselves?
C
CougarClaw
I ALWAYS see university commercials when I watch games. It happens every time. Usually it's that BYU commercial that has the giant block letters flying over air pictures of the university about how BYU is top this or top that.



I think this commercial replaced that one for the game.



and yes.



It. was. awesome.
B
BYUROCKS
urroner wrote:
They showed this commercial right before the Gonzaga game and it seriously gave me chills. I was way nervous about that game but for some reason as soon as I saw that commercial I knew we were going to win.



Anybody outside of Utah see that commercial? Was it national or just local? If it was national that cost BYU some serious money. I read that a 30 second commercial for the early rounds cost $350,000. And this commercial is one minute long.


I live in Florida and saw it. Does the broadcaster give the team any free time to do a commercial about themselves?




I believe so, as during all the ball games, I have seen something.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
BYU has a state of the art facility now, and would be foolish to not do this sort of thing for every sport that airs on any TV, but especially for Football and Men's hoops. I hope they show it again, but update it with highlights from Wofford, Gonzaga, and Florida last year.
S
Schmoe
Wow, this is the first time I've seen the commercial, and yep, chills (when Jimmer's bringing the ball up the court and there's the fan with the "Believe" sign)!!
B
billbillbillbill
I love the look on Noah's face when Jimmer passes him on the way to the basket vs. Wyoming. It's like- Can't wait to see what he is going to do now, probably the same thing the Wyoming players are thinking as he goes by them all.
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:
BYU has a state of the art facility now, and would be foolish to not do this sort of thing for every sport that airs on any TV, but especially for Football and Men's hoops. I hope they show it again, but update it with highlights from Wofford, Gonzaga, and Florida last year.

Exactly. The BYU/ESPN commercials were amazing as well. Just as good as anything that ESPN puts out. Keep up the good work BYUtv.



I would love to see the same commercial but using highlights like Jimmer passing Ainge/ Jackson getting steals record etc. It's been an awesome basketball year. Hopefully the players get 4 more games in.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.