Archived Topic

Too funny!

by AmmonCougar1 · 3/20/2011

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
I admit by posting this I go against a general personal tenet of not posting stuff about the utes. But this is beyond unbelievable. Even my wife, born to a ute-family, was shocked by the statements in the article. And in the tribune to boot! :lol:



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51460535-76/admissions-admission-snyder-students.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Until this year, admissions officials merely checked with high schools every spring to ensure admitted seniors actually graduated. Now they will look at what classes were taken and grades earned, which is a standard practice nationally, according to U. admissions Director Barbara Fortin. "



also:

"Currently, minimums are set at a 2.6 GPA and an ACT composite score of 18."



Too funny!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
J
jvquarterback
My senior year in high school I showed maybe twice a week and got straight c's (only because my teachers liked me, they would have been justified in failing me). BYU didn't care and neither did any of the much more highly ranked schools I considered.



Same thing my senior year at BYU. None of the med schools I applied to asked anything but whether I graduated. Same thing my 4th year in med school, I didn't even show in the clinic for months at a time and nobody seemed to mind.



I can't believe they make us subsidize the education of anyone, let alone someone with a 2.6 GPA and an ACT of 18.
C
CAFB_04-12
I know a person who spent several years on active duty in the Air Force that never actually graduated college. Nobody ever asked to see a diploma.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.