Archived Topic

Good and bad

by BoiseBYU · 3/18/2011

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Jimmer--good

Jackson--shot selection not so good

Magnuson--clutch shots!

Abou-ticky tacky fouls

Anderson--sigh

Kyle--11 rebounds!

As average was we played, we always had this game in hand--good

If we play like that Saturday, whoah Nelly!--bad

Refs--sucked--Jimmer was REALLY fouled on a three and no call?!?

Barkely--lost too many brain cells (maybe that's a good?)

I picked us to win by 11 and would have nailed it except Woof dude makes a three with like 5 seconds left--I'll take it!
D
Ddawg
Sweet!!! Watched @ the London Pub. Nice representing BYU!!!!

8)
B
beauso79
We played like shi-nure. Game should have never been that close
S
SpiffCoug
Good: didn't feel like really exerted ourselves. I think we'll be well rested for Saturday.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
Good: didn't feel like really exerted ourselves. I think we'll be well rested for Saturday.

Everybody buy Jimmer. He had another bang-up night.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
EM_Puma wrote:
Good: didn't feel like really exerted ourselves. I think we'll be well rested for Saturday.

Everybody buy Jimmer. He had another bang-up night.

Really, I didn't think he looked gassed at the end.
G
Gunk
Jimmer



Everyone else needs to step up.



KC was awesome on the boards. Abouo provided a spark when he came in during the last five min. Magnuson actually played well.



We got a tough game on Sat. I hope they were just playing in third gear on purpose because it sure looked like it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
a win's a win and there haven't been enough in the Dance over the years so I will take it.



Rose will have a challenge against the Zags. Go Cougars.
B
beauso79
The BAD:



Jackson - He's deciding to disappear again come tourny time. If his outside shot isn't falling he's hot to figure out ways to score differently, ie drive to the hole more, to get his shot going. This kid has been MIA for awhile now
C
CougarClaw
He did get 8 points tonight which is more than that last few games.



But the 1-7, 0-5 nights have GOT to stop. If he wasn't a turnover machine and our best defensive player, he'd have been yanked for Anderson a long time ago.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Good - gonzaga will be overconfident after watching how poorly we played tonight.

Good - game after poor game usually means great game (read: TCU, UNM in mwc)

Good - played a lot of man. This may give the zags a sense we will be playing a lot of man

Good - john Stockton will be at the game to witness our resurgence and to see his son get Jimmered in person.



Bad - anderson technical . . . Really dude? Maybe he's as disgusted with his play as I have been



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYUcougfan
The Zags don't have the best defense, so this could be the game to get some guys making shots.
G
Gunk
BYULV wrote:
Good - gonzaga will be overconfident after watching how poorly we played tonight.

Good - game after poor game usually means great game (read: TCU, UNM in mwc)

Good - played a lot of man. This may give the zags a sense we will be playing a lot of man

Good - john Stockton will be at the game to witness our resurgence and to see his son get Jimmered in person.



Bad - anderson technical . . . Really dude? Maybe he's as disgusted with his play as I have been



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Noah's technical or whatever was just as stupid of not more. At least Anderson attempted to make a play on the ball and simply didn't shove a guy in the back. Both those fouls were lame and in very poor taste.
M
mormonrasta
Good- Noah's shooting, Jimmer's assists, Jackson's defense, almost everything about Collinsworth and Magnusson, challenging shots around the rim, Jimmer with the right hand, winning.



Bad- Jackson's shooting, the need to double team the post even against average post players, fouls, Jimmer's left hand, Noah's rebounding
I
imuakahuku
Gunk wrote:
Good - gonzaga will be overconfident after watching how poorly we played tonight.

Good - game after poor game usually means great game (read: TCU, UNM in mwc)

Good - played a lot of man. This may give the zags a sense we will be playing a lot of man

Good - john Stockton will be at the game to witness our resurgence and to see his son get Jimmered in person.



Bad - anderson technical . . . Really dude? Maybe he's as disgusted with his play as I have been



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Noah's technical or whatever was just as stupid of not more. At least Anderson attempted to make a play on the ball and simply didn't shove a guy in the back. Both those fouls were lame and in very poor taste.

Noah just got an intentional. Anderson got the tech foul. And he fouled the guy hard so I have to assume he was just disgusted in his or the teams play when he kicked the ball. He was being like a fan instead of a player. His head is seriously messed up right now. He needs a big shot in the arm of self confidence otherwise he is going to continue to be a hinderence instead of a help.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Gunk wrote:
Jimmer



Everyone else needs to step up.



KC was awesome on the boards. Abouo provided a spark when he came in during the last five min. Magnuson actually played well.



We got a tough game on Sat. I hope they were just playing in third gear on purpose because it sure looked like it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


KC was awesome on the boards, but needs to learn how to finish at the rim. And his FT% is inexcusable for a guard.
G
Guest
Bad: Abouo up until the final 6 minutes

Good: Abouo from the final 6 minutes till fouling out
S
stuckinbig10country
Good-the bench went 3 deep yesterday instead of 1. Say what you will about Anderson, but if we don't have him yesterday we get beat because Abouo couldn't stay on the court for the first 34 mins. He had as many points in the first half as Jackson, played pretty good defense, and ate up minutes and space. Best Defender on Dahlmaier all night.



Bad-Rogers...I think the dude is not just hurt, but actually injured. He hasn't played nearly as well, or as many minutes, since he had that knee issue. When he was playing before, even if his shot wasn't going, he would get rebounds because of his length.
L
Lawboy
Jimmer is a lot like Stockton, and mormonrasta nailed it. Jimmer is great with the right hand, bad with the left. Stockton took all his layups with the right as well...



Just win baby/ Win pretty, win ugly, but WIN.
G
Gunk
Lawboy wrote:
Jimmer is a lot like Stockton, and mormonrasta nailed it. Jimmer is great with the right hand, bad with the left. Stockton took all his layups with the right as well...



Just win baby/ Win pretty, win ugly, but WIN.


Ya, it's kind of funny. He had an open lane to the left and took it in for the layup with his right hand. It looked kind of weird. Something to work on for the off season. He'll need a left.



I used to play all right, but one summer decided to really work on my left. I know actually favor my left when around the rim. So much so, players often think and ask me if I'm left handed.



I say, "Nope, I just like my left."

They then say, "Okay, so I should force you right."

"Fine by me, I'll take it right."
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.