Archived Topic

Can we really call them referees?

by rblack · 3/18/2011

Advertisement
R
rblack
This has got to be the most biased refereed game I have ever seen.

Phantom foul on three pointer. Phantom intentional foul. Phantom technical foul. Phantom charge down low with the guy under the rim. I could go on and on.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
P
profgeek
I hope somebody was watching so these guys don't get assigned to the next round.
B
BroncoBot
I'm not one to complain about refs, but that seemed pretty one sided. Both the Tech and the intentional should have just been your usual run of the mill foul.



Oh well, BYU better play better on Saturday, because that was one of the ugliest, slowest games I've ever witnessed and Gonzaga or St. John's would have a hard time losing to that BYU team.



Jimmer looks spent.
C
CAFB_04-12
Hartsock's intentional foul was a soft shove in the back that could have been dangerous. It looked like Anderson kicked the ball for his tech. That guy needs to get a clue and play some basketball. I'm tired of him.
D
Dcr36
Surprised by all your reactions. I only saw the last 17 minutes and thought we played fine. First half must've been something truly awful.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Dcr36 wrote:
Surprised by all your reactions. I only saw the last 17 minutes and thought we played fine. First half must've been something truly awful.

indeed.
S
stuckinbig10country
I must say that I was hoping some MWC refs would come out and take over at some point. They would have been a step up from tonights group.
Q
Qman
I thought the referees were some what consistent on trying to draw foul-- on not calling it all.



Other than that, I thought they were consistently poor.



It wasn't that bad.
E
EM_Puma
I don't know, maybe we have unpure eyes or something. I've been watching the USU/KSU game and I think the refs are the sixth man vs. USU.



I don't know if I've seen a night of as many flops as I have tonight. Between Wofford, KSU and Gonzaga, I'd have to believe that those players all take theatrical lessons. The flopping is getting hidious and it really cheapens the game for a fan to watch.
B
bigbluepuma
I would like to have seen a replay of Jimmer's first foul. It looked to me like he wasn't even on the guy that close, when the guy threw a hard elbo. The whistle blew and the call was on Jimmer. :bug: :skeptic:
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
The call on Hartsock was only exceeded in stupidness by harts putting his hand on his back. If you're not going to try and block the shot why was your hand there? Stupid is is stupid does. But still, if anything a foul. Two shots and the ball was way over the top, stupid refs!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
IowaCougar
Even the CBS announcers were flabbergasted at the non-call when Jimmer got his man up in the air and got landed on while shooting the three. Even Jimmer, who usually keeps his cool, kind of lost it toward the end of the first half after repeated no-calls.
M
Mars
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I must say that I was hoping some MWC refs would come out and take over at some point. They would have been a step up from tonights group.

One of the three refs WAS a MWc ref...
I
imuakahuku
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Hartsock's intentional foul was a soft shove in the back that could have been dangerous. It looked like Anderson kicked the ball for his tech. That guy needs to get a clue and play some basketball. I'm tired of him.


Anderson looks like someone without a clue right now. He seems to have lost all confidence. He is acting like a fan while playing. He had no reason to have a fit and kick the ball. Just childish.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.