Archived Topic

New Direction for Men/Womens Track

by EM_Puma · 3/16/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=15308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Wow, either the author of the article, Jen Rothlisberger from BYU Athletic Communications office, is a major spin doctor or it really sounds like BYU is in a much better situation related to mens and women's track then our days in the MWC.



I don't know much about track to know which it was, but it sounds a lot better on the indoor circuit to be in the MPSF than ever being in the MWC.
B
BroncoBot
From what I've read (mostly on here) track is in a much better place. Now they don't have to participate in MWC meets which were probably a joke on the national level.
J
jvquarterback
So I read this when it came out - good for BYU Track. I don't get why Cal, Stanford, Oregon, UW, WSU, UA, ASU, and UCLA will allow their Track, Volleyball and swim/dive teams to participate in the same conference with BYU but not their football and basketball teams. It's a double standard, but one that doesn't benefit them.
N
nuk13
This morning I wondered what would happen to track and field with the leaving mwc. I thought I'd have to go to basketball or football for the answer. I thank you for answering the question in the proper place. While I'm here, I will say that as much as I like bb fb I like track and field as much. In the 90s my brothers nephews and I went to Boise State for the ncaa t&field meet. It was as exciting a sporting event as I've been to.



Again thanks.
T
tmoney35
I don't see why conference affiliation matters in track and field. Isn't each athlete personally trying to qualify for nationals? There's no subjective judging. If you run a 10 sec 100m, it doesn't matter who you beat. It's not like you can say, "yeah he seems fast, but he only beat a bunch of non-bcs slowmos."
Advertisement
S
scott715
Good competition can help you give a better performance.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.