Archived Topic

Coaches Contagious Enthusiasm - Catch It

by byucougar1 · 3/15/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
I believe the 2011 team is going to be very different and special than any one we have seen since the Doman/Staley days. I have always believed in the trickle down management theory where the employee's attitude/enthusiasm mirrors the boss. It appears that the coaches brought energy to the field and the players fed off of it.The new energy appeared to be because of the move of Brandon Doman to offensive coordinator and the addition of Joe DuPaix and Ben Cahoon to the coaching staff.



Comments made by the coaches after the first day of Spring Football.



Bronco Mendenhall:


With new coaches and a new offensive system, it feels like a fresh start...It feels like beginning again but from place further along than six years ago...What makes this spring so unique is I believe we were really gaining momentum as last season closed, and from what I saw today the team believes it can be good.


Brandon Doman:


I found myself yelling a little more than I would like to be and I'm a vocal guy anyway. Man, I was having fun...We have good coaches, and they’re enthusiastic and I believe are masters of their craft...Our players want to be great, and so they're following these coaches and doing whatever they're asked. We just need some guys to lead them and I think we've got the right coaches to do it.


Joe Dupaix:



Mendenhall said he brings
a contagious enthusiasm to the game. I haven't seen him walk yet. He goes full speed all the time.


Ben Cahoon:



According to Mendenhall, he is
very cerebral...He has a strong academic approach to the game, with an unbelievable emphasis on mastery of the game. He's just a master teacher of the wide receiver position.


Geez - now I am excited - let's get it on!
C
Cougs_Rule
Does this mean the team can get excited and hyper focused in warm ups, coming out of the tunnel and into the kick-off (ala tcu) instead of gradually getting into the game as it gets going?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
dmcougar wrote:
Does this mean the team can get excited and hyper focused in warm ups, coming out of the tunnel and into the kick-off (ala tcu) instead of gradually getting into the game as it gets going?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I hope they're ready before that, I dont want anyone else getting injured during warmups.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.