Archived Topic

Sept 3

by scott715 · 3/14/2011

Advertisement
S
scott715
Is it too soon to talk about our first game at Old Miss? I want to go to the game. Any one else going? Any hints on where to fly in at, travel to the stadium/hotels, food. I have never traveled to an away game before. I just got a Marriot Reward credit card with a free hotel stay.



It looks like you have to fly into Memphis, TN and then travel to Oxford, MS.



Perhaps this can be stickied for future reference.
J
jvquarterback
Planning on going. Used to live in St Louis so I'll be flying in there and heading down with friends (if kickoff is at 12 we might go down the night before but otherwise we'll drive down on Saturday).



Memphis offers the best access plus Sun records, Beale Street, Elvis' place, and the Gibson Guitar factory are sweet. You can get a cheap room in the casinos just south of Memphis or down in Tupelo.
C
Cougarfan87
jvquarterback wrote:
Planning on going. Used to live in St Louis so I'll be flying in there and heading down with friends (if kickoff is at 12 we might go down the night before but otherwise we'll drive down on Saturday).



Memphis offers the best access plus Sun records, Beale Street, Elvis' place, and the Gibson Guitar factory are sweet. You can get a cheap room in the casinos just south of Memphis or down in Tupelo.


I'll be driving over from Huntsville with my son (about a three hour drive). I concur that Memphis (about 40 miles away or so from Oxford) is the best place to fly in. To quote the Jets, "Can't wait."
S
scott715
I will be calling the hotel later to inquire on public transportation (like a bus) that will go to campus.
N
NCPUMA
Do most people get tickets through the BYU tix office? If so, does anyone know when they become available?
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
jvquarterback wrote:
Planning on going. Used to live in St Louis so I'll be flying in there and heading down with friends (if kickoff is at 12 we might go down the night before but otherwise we'll drive down on Saturday).



Memphis offers the best access plus Sun records, Beale Street, Elvis' place, and the Gibson Guitar factory are sweet. You can get a cheap room in the casinos just south of Memphis or down in Tupelo.


Are there any airports besides Memphis within a reasonably close distance?
S
scott715
The tickets are not yet available on BYU Tickets.
B
byucougar1
Check the price comparison for your flights between Memphis, TN and Jackson, MS. Jackson MS is 173 miles from Oxford (2.5 hours away) and is the location of the Jackson MS Mission which serves MS, LA, AR and part eastern TX. Several of our guys in the ward will be driving from El Dorado, AR to the game - 3hrs for our group - we will be loud and proud.
J
jvquarterback
Plug this into your search engine of choice (it's a list of all airports within 150 miles of Memphis):



MEM, UTM, JBR, MKL, TUP, LIT, GLH, MSL, CGI
L
Lawboy
I am going. This will be my brothers trip game for 2011. We had talked Texas, but when BYU added this game, we switched because we have 2 other games at Texas to choose from. We plan on flying in to memphis as it is by far the closest airport, and not extra costly. Looking forward to seeing teh Ole Miss player-student walk, and it should be awesome as it is game 1. Love me soem CFB traditions. Had a blast at FSU last year, expect this game to be even better. And think we havea great shot at a W.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Planning on going. Used to live in St Louis so I'll be flying in there and heading down with friends (if kickoff is at 12 we might go down the night before but otherwise we'll drive down on Saturday).



Memphis offers the best access plus Sun records, Beale Street, Elvis' place, and the Gibson Guitar factory are sweet. You can get a cheap room in the casinos just south of Memphis or down in Tupelo.


I'll be driving over from Huntsville with my son (about a three hour drive). I concur that Memphis (about 40 miles away or so from Oxford) is the best place to fly in. To quote the Jets, "Can't wait."


I'm about 2.5 hrs North of you in Nashville. Is it quicker going down to Huntsville then cutting over OR going through Memphis? I figure I'll be going through Memphis regardless. I'm trying to get some fellas flying in from Utah.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.