Archived Topic

A thought on Denver

by taekwondave · 3/13/2011

Advertisement
T
taekwondave
My roommate brought up a good point as to a possible reason the committee sent us to Denver, which looks to be the easiest region by far: When you have the nation's most popular basketball player, don't you want to keep him in the tournament as long as you possibly can?



I can see that.
M
mizzoucoug
That point has been suggested leading up to today, and believing what I believe about how much hype plays into things like this I have no doubt that is what's going on. "If ESPN says it, it must be true" is the most important rule for anyone to remember about this season.
B
BYUROCKS
I am happy we are in Denver, we have a GOOD chance playing those east coast teams in Denver.
C
craigoscarson
taekwondave wrote:
My roommate brought up a good point as to a possible reason the committee sent us to Denver, which looks to be the easiest region by far: When you have the nation's most popular basketball player, don't you want to keep him in the tournament as long as you possibly can?



I can see that.


I think it was definately an economics issue for CBS and the state of Colorado. Jimmer = $$



We aren't one of the top 12 teams in the country without Davies... but I'm relieved at the seed



The Cougs will have to play well on day 1 and great on day 2, but this 2nd round is still lighter than Kansas State last year. It's winnable, particularly since St. Johns fans will NOT travel (neither will Gonzaga... they're used to better)



Wofford is not a gimmee but we just have to play well to win.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.