Archived Topic

Retraction about SDSU being classy this year

by Sammich · 3/13/2011

Advertisement
S
Sammich
Billy White thumping his chest all game and being a punk all game long, Leonard jawing off at Jimmer after the final buzzer, a player throwing the ball into the stands at the buzzer, Thomas glaring at the officials "What, me?" after fouling 20 times and being called for 1. After the class and respect BYU showed these guys, they threw it all back in BYU's face after a DOMINATING win. You guys played an awesome game, but you treated BYU like crap during and after the game and now you are losers in my mind and I hope you lose your first game in the NCAA tournament.
B
BYUROCKS
I am happy to be out of the MWC, never have to play SDSU again, never have to play UNLV, or UNM again, and the best, NEVER AGAIN SCREWED BY MWC REF'S
C
CougarClaw
Hey guess, what. The WCC is excited to have BYU join their conference next year. Can you imagine what THAT might be like? Someone actually wanting us around?



I want to know what Tre'von said to Jimmer.
B
Brayden Green
I don't mind them continuing to score if we have our starters in. I don't mind jawing, or whatever.



For me, the clincher was not lining up to shake our hands at the end of the game. That was classless and inexcusable. Fisher is a tool for not instructing them to do it, and they are ignorant for not doing it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I don't mind them continuing to score if we have our starters in. I don't mind jawing, or whatever.



For me, the clincher was not lining up to shake our hands at the end of the game. That was classless and inexcusable. Fisher is a tool for not instructing them to do it, and they are ignorant for not doing it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


perhaps, but fans DID rush the floor. Hard to control mob mentality. Fisher also said we didn't shoot nearly as well as we had in previous games. Did give us some credit.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
CougarClaw wrote:
I don't mind them continuing to score if we have our starters in. I don't mind jawing, or whatever.



For me, the clincher was not lining up to shake our hands at the end of the game. That was classless and inexcusable. Fisher is a tool for not instructing them to do it, and they are ignorant for not doing it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


perhaps, but fans DID rush the floor. Hard to control mob mentality. Fisher also said we didn't shoot nearly as well as we had in previous games. Did give us some credit.


Yeah, all 20 of them for the first 5 mins?



They should have gone over to the sidelines as the game was ending to line up. Fisher is a good coach, but that was a huge lack in class.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
Watch most if these conference tournaments. Hardly ever does the winning team go over and shake hands. That's kind of ticky tack.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
I had no problem with anything I saw SDSU do. Except for the part where they beat us.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
Best SDSU line of the night:



Aztec girl behind me about 10 mins into the first half, "They should let the sex guy play. They need him."



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
dank80
Who cares? They beat us. Let them celebrate and do their thing. Worrying about how SDSU behaved on the court is lame. Players talk trash and beat their chests sometimes. It's part of the game.
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Watch most if these conference tournaments. Hardly ever does the winning team go over and shake hands. That's kind of ticky tack.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Agreed. Most of the time the winner is celebrating with their fans and the loser just wants to get the hell out of there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
I thought it was classy of Jimmer not to repeat Leonard's comments on the record. He only said that Leonard is a great competitor, and was excited for the win, and that he said some things, that "I'm not going to repeat here."



I thought our team behaved with class, and I'm proud of them. To be honest, I was not as hopeful for this game as I was for UNM. I was afraid that our guys might be worn out after the energetic effort they made in their big win last night. It wasn't just UNM with UNM's weaker season record. When they were up against BYU, UNM played like a championship team. I am glad that we at least made our 30 wins and avoided a sweep from the Lobos.



Does everyone think that Jimmer made a strong enough case for himself with 30 points in spite of the loss? In a reasonable world, I would assume, yes.
S
Sammich
Congratulations to half the posters in this thread. You guys win the "I want opposing fans to think I'm reasonable and even-handed" award. Even if that is commendable, I'll continue to harbor my newfound hatred for SDSU and let it fester and boil. Something felt wrong with the world when I wanted them to do well, but now everything is back to how it should be. And since we're no longer in the same conference, I never have to root for them again.
B
beauso79
It was pretty classless how Leonard was clapping his hands at Jimmer after their exchange at the end of the game
B
BOID
Sammich wrote:
Congratulations to half the posters in this thread. You guys win the "I want opposing fans to think I'm reasonable and even-handed" award. Even if that is commendable, I'll continue to harbor my newfound hatred for SDSU and let it fester and boil. Something felt wrong with the world when I wanted them to do well, but now everything is back to how it should be. And since we're no longer in the same conference, I never have to root for them again.


Don't get me wrong. I don't like them either. And I would wager that Jimmer was justified in "saying some things back" (to Leonard), but he was classy enough to hold it back when pressed by a reporter in the post-game presser.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
And Leonard was classy enough to give credit to fredette for tournament MVP. We're being nit-picky enough to complain about throwing a ball in the air and claiming it was classless? Come on man.



Kawhi Leonard is a warrior. He and White killed us today. Difference in this game was SDSU got all the boards on both ends of the court and actually made shots, not the refs. SDSU had more than enough reason to beat their chest and celebrate their win. I wouldn't expect BYU to act any differently.



Get over it guys, SDSU spanked BYU today and complaining about SDSU not being classy isn't exactly the "classy" thing to do as fans who just witnessed a pretty amazing tournament. BYU will start winning again when guys like Hartsock/Rogers/Abouo/Collinsworth play with the passion and energy that SDSU brought today. I hope the team isn't as worried as the fans are about the reffing. It wasn't the worst called game.
B
BYULV
declocoug wrote:
And Leonard was classy enough to give credit to fredette for tournament MVP. We're being nit-picky enough to complain about throwing a ball in the air and claiming it was classless? Come on man.



Kawhi Leonard is a warrior. He and White killed us today. Difference in this game was SDSU got all the boards on both ends of the court and actually made shots, not the refs. SDSU had more than enough reason to beat their chest and celebrate their win. I wouldn't expect BYU to act any differently.



Get over it guys, SDSU spanked BYU today and complaining about SDSU not being classy isn't exactly the "classy" thing to do as fans who just witnessed a pretty amazing tournament. BYU will start winning again when guys like Hartsock/Rogers/Abouo/Collinsworth play with the passion and energy that SDSU brought today. I hope the team isn't as worried as the fans are about the reffing. It wasn't the worst called game.


I don't think I read a single thing here (actually there was one comment) about reffing, don't think that's what the discussion is on this thread.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Sammich
declocoug wrote:
And Leonard was classy enough to give credit to fredette for tournament MVP. We're being nit-picky enough to complain about throwing a ball in the air and claiming it was classless? Come on man.



Kawhi Leonard is a warrior. He and White killed us today. Difference in this game was SDSU got all the boards on both ends of the court and actually made shots, not the refs. SDSU had more than enough reason to beat their chest and celebrate their win. I wouldn't expect BYU to act any differently.



Get over it guys, SDSU spanked BYU today and complaining about SDSU not being classy isn't exactly the "classy" thing to do as fans who just witnessed a pretty amazing tournament. BYU will start winning again when guys like Hartsock/Rogers/Abouo/Collinsworth play with the passion and energy that SDSU brought today. I hope the team isn't as worried as the fans are about the reffing. It wasn't the worst called game.

So by your logic, you saying that we're classless for calling SDSU classless is also classless. :roll: Just let me hate for a little while and I'll feel better and act nicer tomorrow, I promise.
L
livin the dream
I was at the game today and have been to the previous 3 tourneys, and I will say that SDSU was far more classy tonight (players and fans) than UNLV ever is.



Both Billy White and Kawai Leonard broke away from the media mob at the end to go give a congrats to BYU. Fans were not even remotely as annoying and/or confrontational as the UNLV fans have been in the past years.



While it seems like every SDSU fan seemed like a major tool (DB if you will) we sat right in front of the huge group of students and had no problems. Sure there were a few altercations, but what do you expect when fans start getting hammered by the hard liquor sold at T&M.



Overall I had no problems with SDSU fans throughout the tourney...UNLV fans are 3 times worse. And Fisher always gives props to BYU, and seems like a real good guy, I don't think any bagging on him is necessary.



Now the collusion against Jimmer getting to the line throughout conference play and especially the tourney is the thing that's upset me most this year!
D
Ddawg
HoosierCougar wrote:
Best SDSU line of the night:



Aztec girl behind me about 10 mins into the first half, "They should let the sex guy play. They need him."



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree!! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! Seriously - it was a tough game to watch. I suffered through it @ a Sports Bar - painful.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.