Archived Topic

Navy suffers further cuts under Obama

by CougarPeasant · 3/10/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2011/03/09/6228655-capn-crunch-sails-into-obscurity?GT1=43001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Capn Crunch is quietly retiring under pressure from White House.



Isn't anything sacred any more?



I loved the cereal as a kid. When my kids started eating cereal, I made sure they tried it. They weren't the fans their old man was. But I learned a hard lesson: That stuff would rip my mouth to shreds if I had more than a bowlful.
G
Guest
This is a sad day. I love the Capn!
S
snoscythe
There's always the Malt-o-Meal knock off stuff.
S
SpiffCoug
To be fair, EVERY department of the goverment should face budget cuts - including defense. If they want to let a Crunch go to help save some money they should. Let's be honest, he was a Captain for a very long time. Why did he never make admiral? How many times was he passed over. He had a good long run. Time to sail off into retirement. And if it helps the fiscal crisis along the way - even in a small way - that's just a bonus
B
BoiseBYU
I've always thought the Cap'n would be a victim of don't ask don't tell



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
U
urroner
The future Navy under the guidance of the current administration:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
C
CougarPeasant
BoiseBYU wrote:
I've always thought the Cap'n would be a victim of don't ask don't tell



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Obviously you are wrong and please tell me you really didn't go there with Cap'n Crunch?!!!!! That's just sooooo wrong. :gross:
S
Sammich
The article doesn't say specifically that Cap'n Crunch will no longer be available, but that they will no longer be marketing it directly to kids. I imagine something similar to the Camel cigarettes marketing change years ago, where they start using this guy in the commercials instead:

http://www.oldgospelstory.com/sea-captain-530.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I don't feel so hungry any more...
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
To be fair, EVERY department of the goverment should face budget cuts - including defense. If they want to let a Crunch go to help save some money they should. Let's be honest, he was a Captain for a very long time. Why did he never make admiral? How many times was he passed over. He had a good long run. Time to sail off into retirement. And if it helps the fiscal crisis along the way - even in a small way - that's just a bonus

you must be kidding, the military doesn't ever waste money. :whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.