Archived Topic

Poll: Who do you rather face in the 2nd round?

by hawkwing · 3/8/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Would you rather face CSU or NM in the 2nd round of the MWC tournament? Why?
A
AZman
Colorado State....no need to say why. It is self-explanatory.

:sick: of the Lobos
J
jonnylingo
I want New Mexico. I think we need to beat them and new mexico will have a hard time shooting the way they have the last two outings again. also they caught us off guard last week.



if we beat new mexico our team gains some serious confidence. also the seeding for the nccaa tournament will probably be bettter. they will chalk up the second loss to being shell shocked by the davies issue.



I also think the team will be more motivated to beat new mexico than csu.



Then there is just the sweet taste of revenge.
U
Ungoy
I would like UNM out of the tourney as quickly as possible. As much as I'd like BYU to pound them into mulch, I'd like to see them gone in the first round. I highly dislike UNM. I would like to see CSU in the second round.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm not afraid of UNM and I'd like to see if we could beat them a third time. I think beating them in the tourney would ease some committee members' concerns by showing that the most recent UNM loss was a fluke.



But, I like our chances against a team we beat twice and scored a combined 178 points against.
Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
It will be a completely different game if we face NM again. Rose will have had the past week and a half pulling the team together and using the Wy/TCU game as prep for the next round.



CSU is great prep for SDSU, but Rose knows how to game plan against SDSU. I say bring on New Mexico.



Now, if BYU were staying in the MWC, I would actually pull for CSU so they would be more likely to get a bid, but now it mattereth not.
S
Schmoe
Though it would be nice to get revenge on UNM (and I don't think they match up as well against us as just having caught us at bad times), I gotta say CSU. We are rediscovering our team unity and identity right now and I would rather take the path of less resistance and get ready to make a run in the tourney that really matters.
C
CougarClaw
both teams are perfectly capable of beating this BYU team. I'd prefer we win and these matchups sans davies both scare me.
B
Brayden Green
Can I pick the Utah Jazz instead of these two?
C
Cougs_Rule
CSU. To say that UNM "caught us off guard" twice and even at our house? No "fluke". AS Wyoming tried to duplicate UNm"s offense they were successful in the first half. WE simply do not have the ability to pac the paint and defend the 3. UN shoots much better from 3 than CSU. Likewise, UNM covered our perimeter O much better than CSU. They are a dangerous team for BYU. And if we lose to UNM a 3rd time, I believe it would be a far more severe blow to the team psyche than a loss to CSU

OUr inside presence on offense and defense is being held together with bailing wire and duct tape. There will be no "Recovery." We will not find a "new chemistry" down low. Rose will not "step up" and/or find a miracle inside. There is simply not the personnel.

We will either live or die by the 3 and the Hand of Jimmer.

I am going to the tourney. I will be cheering loudly.

And I am hoping to sit down with TH and a Diet Coke and discuss the evolution of "science." :-)
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Bring on UNM!!!!!! Payback's a #$%@%@#@!#!
E
EM_Puma
Call me crazy, but I can't stand being on an 0-4 run with New Mexico and step away allowing the loco-Lobo fans to continue to believe they own us. No one should own us like that. I want another shot at them. I might regret it, but they can't get that lucky again.
E
EM_Puma
beauso79 wrote:
Bring on UNM!!!!!! Payback's a #$%@%@#@!#!


I'm sorry to point this out buddy, but you spelled #$%@%@#@!#! wrong.

;)
B
beauso79
EM_Puma wrote:
Bring on UNM!!!!!! Payback's a #$%@%@#@!#!


I'm sorry to point this out buddy, but you spelled #$%@%@#@!#! wrong.

;)


My bad, that's how Tre'Von spelled it



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I thought that's how he spelled Jimmer?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gunk
CSU. We match up better than them. Making it to the finals is far more critical and we have better odds of getting there against UNM.



UNM has our number. We have a more difficult time guarding them. UNM has better shooters too.
M
Mars
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Can I pick the Utah Jazz instead of these two?

I wonder, who would win a round-robin tournament between BYU, the Utah Jazz, and the best NBA D-league team?
B
bigbluepuma
Motivation is a huge factor in sports. It may or may not be strong for a team we have beaten twice, but it should be off the charts for UNM. Even counting the confidence factor, I think we have at least as much likelyhood of beating UNM. Bring em on!
B
BYULV
bigbluepuma wrote:
Motivation is a huge factor in sports. It may or may not be strong for a team we have beaten twice, but it should be off the charts for UNM. Even counting the confidence factor, I think we have at least as much likelyhood of beating UNM. Bring em on!


I agree, and csu would be hungry for a win and potential NCAA birth.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
Mars wrote:
Can I pick the Utah Jazz instead of these two?

I wonder, who would win a round-robin tournament between BYU, the Utah Jazz, and the best NBA D-league team?


BYU with Davies has a chance against the unmotivated, sorry excuse for an NBA team Jazz.



Raja Bell can't guard Jimmer...
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.