Archived Topic

No "Supposedly" About It--Jimmer MWC Player of the Year

by CougarPeasant · 3/7/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
congratulations to the Jimmer.



(yes, I know there is an awards thread, but Jimmer deserves, no commands his own thread. ;))
G
Guest
http://streetballblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Jimmer_Fredette_BYU.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
Jimmer deserved it. Unanimous vote as well.



D.J. Gay is "supposedly" a better player than Jackson Emery as evidenced by Gay being on the All-MWC first team, and Emery pushed back to second team despite winning DPOY.



Emery is by far the better player.



http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jimmer-fredette.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
Ungoy wrote:
Jimmer deserved it. Unanimous vote as well.



D.J. Gay is "supposedly" a better player than Jackson Emery as evidenced by Gay being on the All-MWC first team, and Emery pushed back to second team despite winning DPOY.



Emery is by far the better player.



http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jimmer-fredette.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


While I think it is stupid as well I can see how they are trying to split the baby. Gay was very good and they wanted to give him more recognition than simply second team. they tried to have it both ways.



at least foster wasn't dpoy again. that was a joke.
C
CougarPeasant
jonnylingo wrote:
Jimmer deserved it. Unanimous vote as well.



D.J. Gay is "supposedly" a better player than Jackson Emery as evidenced by Gay being on the All-MWC first team, and Emery pushed back to second team despite winning DPOY.



Emery is by far the better player.



http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jimmer-fredette.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


While I think it is stupid as well I can see how they are trying to split the baby. Gay was very good and they wanted to give him more recognition than simply second team. they tried to have it both ways.



at least foster wasn't dpoy again. that was a joke.


The problem with giving the nod to Gay is that is demeans Jax' overall better season offensively too. He average more points, more rebounds, and more steals than Gay, and he is named DPOY. I am certain is has to do with Prop 8, but not exactly sure why.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.