Archived Topic

TBS preview of the BYU offensive backfield

by Ungoy · 3/7/2011

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
I apologize if this has been referenced elsewhere. I didn't see it in any other threads.



http://byu.scout.com/2/1053943.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Some pretty good things there. Not a lot we don't already know, but It's always good to see football related articles.



One thing that caught my attention:


BYU morphed into a pro-style offense last season, which featured almost constant use of the fullback. We’ll see if that continues this spring or if Doman will go back to the primary spread offense that was Anae’s specialty.


I like how BYU utilized the fullback the last half of the season, Mendenhall played well, and I think he's got a good backup in Mike Hague. Also, I think that the pro-style offense plays to BYU's strengths more than the spread does. I really like the three-headed monster at running back with DiLuigi, Quezada and Kariya.



I'd like to be able to see BYU stretch the field vertically with an accurate deep ball than in years past, and they have a QB and the receivers to do that next year. It's gonna be interesting with what Doman comes up with. I'm stoked.
J
jonnylingo
The thing that stood out to me that i had forgotten was that koeshian is moving to full back from middle linebacker.



Can't wait to hear about him. there are so many young players that I can't wait to hear how they do.
B
beauso79
jonnylingo wrote:
The thing that stood out to me that i had forgotten was that koeshian is moving to full back from middle linebacker.



Can't wait to hear about him. there are so many young players that I can't wait to hear how they do.


I didn't know Keoshian was 6'1" and 245lbs - that's a good sized Full Back and he's got decent speed. Could be a diamond in the rough
B
byucougar1
The guy has Chad Lewis moves in the open field - likes to hurdle people (but not throw-up).
S
SenorCougar
It's gonna be interesting with what Doman comes up with. I'm stoked.


How long will it be before we start complaining about the calls made by the OC. After the first loss it seems to me like the fans start calling for the OC to "pull his head out" and make some decent play calls. I know ithappened with Chow, Crowton, and Anae. During Crowton's first year, everyone loved that he went for the first down on 4th and 15 on his own 30 yard line while still in the first quarter. The next year as they started losing, the greatness of his play calling wore off. I certainly disagreed plenty with both Crowton's and Anae's play calling, but how long will it be before they are calling for Doman's job? He's been a quaterback, seems to interact well with the players, and has experience/wisdom in running an offense. However, past experience indicates that after the first loss, the fans will wrongly blame the loss on the OC. That being said, I too am excited to see what Brandon Doman can do with a more experienced QB/receivers corp. Bring on August/September!...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.