Archived Topic

What will the biggest surprise of spring ball be?

by jonnylingo · 3/7/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Will it be Riley Nelson playing safety? (I highly doubt it) Will it be Lark and/or Munns getting the lion share of Jake's left over reps?



My predictions:

apo begins to really stand out as exceptional.



Our situation at defensive back will continue to cause concern as nobody will really separate themselves.



Phillips is not used as much as most people were hoping right off the bat, except at kick returns where he will excel.
P
ProV1
jonnylingo wrote:
Our situation at defensive back will continue to cause concern as nobody will really separate themselves.

I have high hopes that Jordan Johnson will take over one of those spots and excel.
W
Wickchad
a. Half of our redshirt freshman class is suspended for spring ball due to HC.



or



b. None of our redshirt freshman class is suspended for spring ball due to HC.



Either one would be just as surprising to me.
J
jonnylingo
ProV1 wrote:
Our situation at defensive back will continue to cause concern as nobody will really separate themselves.

I have high hopes that Jordan Johnson will take over one of those spots and excel.


Me too. It sounds like he has the athletic ability, I just wonder if he is ready to be starting at dback. Hope your right. Would love to have a redshirt freshman starting. That would bode well for the future, that is for sure.
J
jonnylingo
Wickchad84087 wrote:
a. Half of our redshirt freshman class is suspended for spring ball due to HC.



or



b. None of our redshirt freshman class is suspended for spring ball due to HC.



Either one would be just as surprising to me.

:lol:
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
The offense that Doman puts into play. That is the surprise I am waiting to see.



Hopefully, many guys stay eligible. Not talking only HC either. Academics matters too. Wonder who will be sitting at the beginning to be forced to focus on the books.
C
CougarPeasant
NO INJURIES





biggest surprise to me if it happens
B
Brayden Green
Sno, Spiff (Kitic), Mars, Lingo and I will all agree on a single quarterback.

:) ;) :lol:





















... but don't hold your breath in case it doesn't happen.
J
jonnylingo
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Sno, Spiff (Kitic), Mars, Lingo and I will all agree on a single quarterback.

:) ;) :lol:





















... but don't hold your breath in case it doesn't happen.


I thought we all agreed that Nelson should be starting? ? ? :P
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Sno, Spiff (Kitic), Mars, Lingo and I will all agree on a single quarterback.

:) ;) :lol:





... but don't hold your breath in case it doesn't happen.

I hope this isn't a surprise. The battle for the starting QB should be much more clear cut than it was last year.
Advertisement
B
blue42
If BYU basketball is still playing after the Spring game.
S
SpiffCoug
Especially considering the Spring Game won't be until 9 April and the NCAA Championship game is on 4 April.
B
blue42
That's why it would be a big surprise!!
B
byucougar1
Alex Kuresa for starting QB????
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.