Archived Topic

Jim McMahon re the BYU Honor Code

by Cougarbib · 3/6/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Jim McMahon on the BYU Honor Code. I love Jim McMahon - but perhaps he could at least wrap a little tact around his opinions when he expresses them.



http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/05/jim-mcmahon-talks-about-b-y-u-s-honor-code/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I fugured this would come up somewhere and is the reason waiting until the end of the season to take action has worse repercussions than what we are dealing with now due to the mid-season dismissal of Davies.



What bugs me about McMahon is that he does not seem to even yet realize what a break he got by being allowed to finish his season and semester.
D
Ddawg
I think Jim's comments & thoughts are pretty straight forward - honest - and pretty much on target. It is true that there is some hypocrisy @ BYU - with some people. But that is true everywhere. It does not offend me. What percentage of BYU students & Administration are hypocrites? Who knows. I don't care. It's a pointless & slippery slope to get on.



That's the purpose of this life. Trying, falling short, and trying again. We make mistakes. Life is not a perfect process. Sometimes it gets messy. But the good folks evaluate, change, improve & move forward.



I liked Jim's interview. I think he gave some good insight to his thoughts & experience. Hey, interestingly, he recomemded BYU football!!! That surprised me!!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.