Archived Topic

I don't know why people are still saying this

by saywhat · 3/4/2011

Advertisement
S
saywhat
but she IS NOT pregnant. Please stop this rumor. 100% NOT
S
saywhat
It was getting to far down the page and people are still making this assumption.
C
Cougs_Rule
Then say something! try, I have a roomate who knows the girl. I have a roomate who knows a girl who knows the girl.

I work in the HC office and I have interogated her. ;-) Something!
Advertisement
S
saywhat
Well Mars is incorrect. Her family is getting advice on preparing a statement regarding the fact that she is 100% not!
B
beauso79
So if she's not Prego can he finish the season?? Hey, a guy can hope right
C
Cougs_Rule
saywhat wrote:
Well Mars is incorrect. Her family is getting advice on preparing a statement regarding the fact that she is 100% not!


Ok. that sounds pretty credible! Good job. :-)
L
Lawboy
News travels fast. Bad news travels faster....
Advertisement
G
Guest
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.


Exactly. This is why the whole "honor code" versus "team rules" mistake was probably a big one. Although BYU has turned it into a plus for them. Davis and her however have taken a beating like I couldn't even imagine. I feel sick for these kids.
G
Gunk
I'd love for her identity to be kept a secret as well, unfortunately, given the rumors and how this thing played out it may be necessary. She's getting dragged through the mud too.



SayWhat, I'm a PR professional. I've handled some sticky situations in my time. If you're close to the family and they want some free advice, feel free to PM me. More than happy to help out.
C
CougarPeasant
jonnylingo wrote:
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.


Exactly. This is why the whole "honor code" versus "team rules" mistake was probably a big one. Although BYU has turned it into a plus for them. Davis and her however have taken a beating like I couldn't even imagine. I feel sick for these kids.


I agree, she doesn't need to be named at all.



I disagree in part that given the nature of the transgression, it was going to get out sooner or later, and better to be proactive and admit it now than be accused of hiding something down the road.



(And yes, I've read that SDSU thinks BYU knew or should have know before last Saturday and therefore, BYU should forfeit the game, even though what Davies and BYU wasn't an NCAA violation.)
B
BoiseBYU
CougarPeasant wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.


Exactly. This is why the whole "honor code" versus "team rules" mistake was probably a big one. Although BYU has turned it into a plus for them. Davis and her however have taken a beating like I couldn't even imagine. I feel sick for these kids.


I agree, she doesn't need to be named at all.



I disagree in part that given the nature of the transgression, it was going to get out sooner or later, and better to be proactive and admit it now than be accused of hiding something down the road.



(And yes, I've read that SDSU thinks BYU knew or should have know before last Saturday and therefore, BYU should forfeit the game, even though what Davies and BYU wasn't an NCAA violation.)

CP your last paragraph is TIC, right? Even the crazies at SDSU would not go that far would they?
Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
BoiseBYU wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.


Exactly. This is why the whole "honor code" versus "team rules" mistake was probably a big one. Although BYU has turned it into a plus for them. Davis and her however have taken a beating like I couldn't even imagine. I feel sick for these kids.


I agree, she doesn't need to be named at all.



I disagree in part that given the nature of the transgression, it was going to get out sooner or later, and better to be proactive and admit it now than be accused of hiding something down the road.



(And yes, I've read that SDSU thinks BYU knew or should have know before last Saturday and therefore, BYU should forfeit the game, even though what Davies and BYU wasn't an NCAA violation.)

CP your last paragraph is TIC, right? Even the crazies at SDSU would not go that far would they?


It is a bit tongue in cheek, but I did read that some SDSU fans thought BYU was covering up last week so Davies could play.
C
Cougarbib
jonnylingo wrote:
I would have much rather her name be kept out of this entirely.



The world has no business knowing who she is or what they did together.


Exactly. This is why the whole "honor code" versus "team rules" mistake was probably a big one. Although BYU has turned it into a plus for them. Davis and her however have taken a beating like I couldn't even imagine. I feel sick for these kids.


I have to disagree. Suppose BYU just announced that Center Brandon Davies has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules. Even if they did not go on to say that his future with the University was under review, that would have to come out at some point, unless the review determined that he remained enrolled. If the review determined a suspension or expulsion, then the whole drama would kick off again.



But even with the Team Rules limited statement - people would have immediately started speculating, as some did



Drugs, Alcohol, DUI, Sex, or what other possible team rule would get you booted for at least the rest of the season. If they did not mention "at least the rest of this season", that would raise a million never-ending quesyions about when he would be returning.



Quibling over the words misses the point entirely. It would damage Brandon more for the world to think he robbed a bank or raped someone or other things that would be commensurate with the consequence he got, than to simply state Honor Code and then clarify that he did nothing criminal.



And yes, the whole world would assume he had sex or some other morality problem, but even underage drinking is a crime, so speculation would still come back to sex.



BYU has made it clear without making it clear that he did not rape anyone, he did not take illegal drugs, he did not rob a bank or steal anything, he did not assault anyone, i.e. he is not just another black thug from Oregon or Miami. He is a nice kid, from a great family, with a girl friend from a nice family, who made a mistake made every day by millions of people around the world, and even made by many, many Mormons who were in good standing and then made such an error.



Let's just blame it on Robert Anae, Gordon Monson, the DH Reporter, Luke Ashworth, Riley Nelson, the HC Office, or Brandon and his girlfirend and move on. Stuff happens. It happened. It was extremely unfortunate and the timing will make it an * on the 2010/11 season for decades. It is what it is.



Personally, I think Brandon would be far better off to state just what happened publicly and move on and end the endless speculation about what happened, is she or isn't she, and who told.



It really does not matter who told. It does not matter relative to embarrassment, whether she is or is not pregnant although it does matter in terms of where he goes from here. It does not matter. He made a mistake. He has been given a consequence and the full extent of it that consequence is being evaluated.



I just hope the HC Office takes its sweet time evaluating it so that if he is suspended from school, it can be done at semester break - not in the middle of one.



The University Standards Office, as it was called back in the Day, used to hold my packet at registration every single semester due to reports of long hair. The semester that I grew a beard really got me in trouble. Another relatively minor transgressoin resulted in me getting told that the office was evaluating whether I would be allowed to enroll in the Fall or be suspended. I went to summer school and graduated so I did not have to wait and find out. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I probably did not deserve as many breaks as I got. I really pushed the envelope on the hair and beard and dress code issues. I was a member and getting member tuition, but not attending Church let alone paying tithing. My mother paid a Widow's mite. My wealthy dad did not. But I felt like I was above waht seemed like trivial rules. I was really glad to escape and go to the U for my MBA. But guess where my two sons are attending now. Yes. BYU. And now I attend Church regularly and pay a lot of tithing. None of my 5 kids are Utes.



Brandon seems to have his head screwed on straight. He will probably be fine. Hopefuly his girlfirend will be as well.



Go BYU - Beat Wyoming. There is a lot at stake.
M
Mars
saywhat wrote:
but she IS NOT pregnant. Please stop this rumor. 100% NOT

Brandon Davies' girlfriend in Arizona is not pregnant. Her family jumped the gun by going to the media though.

Now they know that she is also is not his only girlfriend. Sucks for all parties.
B
beauso79
Mars wrote:
but she IS NOT pregnant. Please stop this rumor. 100% NOT

Brandon Davies' girlfriend in Arizona is not pregnant. Her family jumped the gun by going to the media though.

Now they know that she is also is not his only girlfriend. Sucks for all parties.


Just stop man, you're saying he was fornicating with 2 chicks then??
C
Cougarbib
beauso79 wrote:
saywhat wrote:
but she IS NOT pregnant. Please stop this rumor. 100% NOT

Brandon Davies' girlfriend in Arizona is not pregnant. Her family jumped the gun by going to the media though.

Now they know that she is also is not his only girlfriend. Sucks for all parties.


Just stop man, you're saying he was fornicating with 2 chicks then??


There are reports from little known and thus potentially unreliable sources that a UVU student from So. Cal is the one who is pregnant - not the girl from a town near Provo that is a volleyball player at ASU whose family has isued a denial. Both names are out there - but her name does not matter.



Bottom line - Brandon Davies had premarital sex and that is not in dispute. Who, pregnant or not, how many girls - all speculation. It does not matter. He is off the team. The team needs to move forward. Hopefully Brandon will be back somewhere down the road or land on his feet elsewhere if he does not come back.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.