Archived Topic

Which Was Worse: BYU's shooting or the Officiating?

by Cougs_Rule · 3/3/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Oh, I can hear some of you now. "We didnt lose bc of the refs." Absolutely.

But that was the most horribly officiated game I have seen all year and maybe for years.

It was a clear middle finger from the MWC.



BUt, alas, the refs, if BYU's shooting wasnt so bad--I mean abysmal, the refs would win this going away.
T
tmoney35
Yes, the officiating was as bad as I've seen, but some of those horrible calls went our way as well, so I can't blame the refs.



Our shooting, on the other hand, was absolutely embarrassing. Our ball movement and spacing was truly awful, which led to poor shot selection. People seemed to just be standing around, jacking up threes
B
bigbluepuma
tmoney35 wrote:
Yes, the officiating was as bad as I've seen, but some of those horrible calls went our way as well, so I can't blame the refs.



Our shooting, on the other hand, was absolutely embarrassing. Our ball movement and spacing was truly awful, which led to poor shot selection. People seemed to just be standing around, jacking up threes


I think they were very distracted by th BD thing and couldn't focus on preparing for or playing the game. They should get the focus back for Wyoming.
G
Gunk
Shooting was worse.



We had stops on D. We forced turnovers. We even got some rebounds. We couldn't buy a bucket.



Jimmer, that 40 foot jumper has got to go. That's 3 games in a row now where you've been chucking them up and collecting bricks.
A
AZman
It all contributed. Our shooting was dismal, our rebounding was pathetic AND the officiating was terrible. To illustrate that last point our players were guarding NM closer in the second half but when the NM player decided to make any kind of move our players would throw their hands up as if to say to the refs "Look, I'm not making any contact at all!!!" When Jackson kicks a chair after picking up a bogus "reach-in" foul, Magnusson gets a tech for saying something and the elderly people in the good seat stand up and start yelling, you know it was crappy officiating. Funny, less fouls started being called on our opponents after Jimmermania began to take hold....but I just beat that topic to death. Fact of the matter is we have just dealt with the highest high and lowest low in the space of 24 hours. We have to use this to overcome and become resilient, only the next few games will indicate if we are resilient or emotionally spent.
Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
Definitely bad both ways. My favorite non-call in favor of the Cougs was the two-handed chest shove by Anderson on the dude who went flying into the second row. My most frustrating "call" was when Rose took out Jax and didn't put him back in. I was happy we were finally showing some "P-Offness". I get tired of our guys playing Mr. nice Mormon boys all the time!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
Y
Yndian
Can I vote for the announcers?



:sick: :sick: :sick:
K
kiwibacon
Shooting...never blame the refs...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.