Archived Topic

How many first place votes this week?

by KYCoug · 2/27/2011

Advertisement
K
KYCoug
Last week we had one and SDSU had 3 and the current number 1 Duke lost so it will be interesting to see if we pick up more 1st places votes in Monday's voting.
C
CougarPeasant
I'm guessing BYU picks up a couple of votes in the AP poll as voters covering the MWC will finally show BYU some love.



The coaches who vote in the Coaches' poll that are in the MWC, WAC, and WCC should throw their votes to BYU. I predict about 4 votes in the AP poll and 5 in the Coaches'.
C
CougarClaw
There already is a #1 vote spread. With as many top 10 and top 5 losses as we've seen this week, That can only mean more parity which is good for a #7 team on the rise.
S
SpiffCoug
I think we'll see a decent bump in the polls. Given all the losses the top 5 teams have had the last two weeks, and couple that with pollsters waiting to see which team (BYU or SDSU) to throw their love at, I think BYU gets quite a few first place votes and raises quite nicely.



I think pollsters were waiting to see if BYU or SDSU were for real and BYU has now proven that they are.
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
I think we'll see a decent bump in the polls. Given all the losses the top 5 teams have had the last two weeks, and couple that with pollsters waiting to see which team (BYU or SDSU) to throw their love at, I think BYU gets quite a few first place votes and raises quite nicely.



I think pollsters were waiting to see if BYU or SDSU were for real and BYU has now proven that they are.


Yep.



In the AP last week

#1 Duke - 35

#2 OSU - 10

#3 Kansas - 5

#4 Pitt - 12

#5 Texas - 1



#7 BYU receiving 2 votes.



So I think we keep those 2, and expand on them.

The Pitt votes and Texas votes have to find other homes... And I would think that Duke can't return 35 strong next week after losing to an unranked. These are #1 votes after all. I think really conscientious voters will start looking at body of work, and there isn't a team that has a better body of work than BYU. Period.



So I am saying that we are top 5 next week, possibly top 4, and I think we get about 10 votes - if not more. I really don't think that the Pitt votes all find their way to Kansas and OSU... because why wouldn't they vote Kansas and OSU in the first place unless they were looking for something more...



THE COOL PART OF ALL OF THIS IS THAT WE ARE EVEN IN THE DISCUSSION of getting first place votes, and actually getting them. What a great season. And what a great way to start our independence with ESPN, and we still have a few more weeks to garner more respect, or at least solidify it!
Advertisement
B
BYUROCKS
I see 6-7, 1st place in the AP.

and 2-3 In the USA/ESPN.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.