Archived Topic

DID WE JUST EARN A #1 SEED???????

by CougarClaw · 2/26/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
woah. Huge win.
D
Ddawg
Sure hope so!!! Looks good to me for a #1. That would help us big time w/ the "bracketology" crap they always pull on BYU.



Go Cougs!! 8)
C
CAFB_04-12
WOOOOOOOOOT!!!
S
Schmoe
If we win out, other teams from name conferences play each other and we should move up. I don't know how you keep a top 4 team with a top 4 RPI with the POY out of a 1 seed.
C
CougarClaw
Schmoe wrote:
If we win out, other teams from name conferences play each other and we should move up. I don't know how you keep a top 4 team with a top 4 RPI with the POY out of a 1 seed.


who are you talking about? oh wait.





IT"S US! LOL.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
CougarClaw wrote:
If we win out, other teams from name conferences play each other and we should move up. I don't know how you keep a top 4 team with a top 4 RPI with the POY out of a 1 seed.


who are you talking about? oh wait.





IT"S US! LOL.



:lol: I knew you'd figure it out!
B
bball
I wouldn't bet the farm on a #1 seed. I'm still in the "BYU gets no respect" camp--until the world proves me wrong. Should they be a #1? absolutely. But whatever the seed, BYU is going to beat some teams this year.
C
CougarPeasant
Not quite, but a definite 2 seed. If we win out, then yes, BYU gets a 1 seed
S
SpiffCoug
We can get a #1 if we don't win the tourney but make the finals if some other teams lose. Like say Pitt loses early in the Big East tourney or Duke loses early in the ACC or something like that.
C
CougarClaw
(hint: correct answer is yes)
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Gotta win out - if refs don't beat us



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Not yet. And Not likely. The byu bias is back in effect. They are happy to "throw us a bone" 2 Seed, but not one of the power conference protected one seeds.

Not sure I want one. I'd take a 2 seed in an easier bracket over a one seed anyday. And hopefully the easy bracket will be the trade off.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
kitic77 wrote:
We can get a #1 if we don't win the tourney but make the finals if some other teams lose. Like say Pitt loses early in the Big East tourney or Duke loses early in the ACC or something like that.


I think BYU needs to win out, win the tourney, and then hope Pitt, Duke, or Kansas/UT fall apart. Even if Texas loses, you still have Pitt, Duke, Kansas, and OSU as your 1 seeds. I still think a 1 seed is highly unlikely. And I'm just fine with a 2 seed.
S
SpiffCoug
Y 4 Ever wrote:
We can get a #1 if we don't win the tourney but make the finals if some other teams lose. Like say Pitt loses early in the Big East tourney or Duke loses early in the ACC or something like that.


I think BYU needs to win out, win the tourney, and then hope Pitt, Duke, or Kansas/UT fall apart. Even if Texas loses, you still have Pitt, Duke, Kansas, and OSU as your 1 seeds. I still think a 1 seed is highly unlikely. And I'm just fine with a 2 seed.

I think if we win out, we're a 1. Texas lost today at Colorado. Kansas has tough game next week.



A #1 is very likely if we win out.
K
kiwibacon
I don't know if we just earned one but Texas just lost one! :evil: :evil:
Advertisement
G
Gunk
What we get and what we deserve has always been different. I would prefer a 2 seed in an easier bracket than a 1 seed in a tough bracket. Factor in Sunday and east coast bias and we are a 2 seed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
kiwibacon wrote:
I don't know if we just earned one but Texas just lost one! :evil: :evil:

I wished 1 + 1 = 2. If kansas loses Tx will get it--some team from the big 12 will get one.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I think we just locked up a #2 seed. And that is huge. In order to get a #1, have to win out. Have to. Otherwise, they look for a reason to not give it to us. The MWC conference depth is decent this year, but not given the credit it deserves. We are a 3 bid league, and should be a 4 bid league this year. BYU, SDSU, UNLV and CSU all deserve a spot.
Y
Yndian
Add the Dookies to the upset list, as they lose to V. Tech.
K
Kbear
Dukies lost - check

Texas lost - check

Pitt AT Louisville --

Ohio State vs Indiana ---



The dominoes keep falling for us... maybe it is destiny. :evil:

There is no doubt that we can play with anybody. I would love to be the spoiler for these analysts who think that the sun rises and sets in the EAST. just sayin' :crazy: 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.