Archived Topic

article on ESPN.com about the game

by radius19 · 2/25/2011

Advertisement
R
radius19
Here's a pretty good preview of the game tomorrow with, in my mind, one major error of information. Everyone kind of assumes BYU = White = half court game and that thay cannot run the floor. However, I thought that this misunderstanding had been fixed, at least by the jimmerhead masses at ESPN. I am wrong in the case of Jay Bilas. In his mind, SDSU is the running team and the only change BYU has is to slow the game down. WRONG. COMPLETELY OPPOSITE. SDSU is the slow paced team, BYU fast paced team.

Hope they guys show up tomorrow and show the world who is the better team, as well as who is the team that actually runs.



http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/notebookweekendwatch%20100225/feb-25-feb-27
M
mizzoucoug
Yeah I saw that too. What a tool, he's never seen either team play. Heck, last game SDSU quit crashing the boards so hard multiple times because we kept schooling them in transition.
B
blue42
I don't know what you guys are complaining about???? I can absolutely see the reason behind his thinking.



BYU 6th in the nation in scoring at 83.0 a game = slow white guys

SDSU 86th in the nation at 72.4 a game = fast break team.



Maybe he thinks BYU gets most of their points from the foul line?
B
BroncoBot
blue42 wrote:
I don't know what you guys are complaining about???? I can absolutely see the reason behind his thinking.



BYU 6th in the nation in scoring at 83.0 a game = slow white guys

SDSU 86th in the nation at 72.4 a game = fast break team.



Maybe he thinks BYU gets most of their points from the foul line?

Well they do get a big chunk at the line. But that doesn't mean they aren't running. If anything they are getting fouled on fast breaks which lead to FTs.
M
Metal Bubba
I normally like Bilas a lot. He's been losing points with me this year.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
BYU BB has been like watching BYU football of old (and late 2010 season). It was never boring as the Cougars would light up the scoreboard. You watched these 3-yard and a cloud of turf teams and fell asleep in your chair. As stated before, I am a Buckeye fan of birth, but dang they and most of the other Big Ten teams are so boring in their half-court offense. Watching BYU blaze back and forth keeps you on the edge of your seat.



It's like someone noted in the Pukes game last week when they said they need to take the word "Runin" out of their title because they don't seem to run anywhere but to the locker to hide from embarassment.
B
Brayden Green
what a tool...



I'm pretty sure he hasn't watched SDSU or BYU play.
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
what a tool...



I'm pretty sure he hasn't watched SDSU or BYU play.

He must have watched the only BYU-WYO game when BYU scored a season low 69 points and thought that BYU wasn't that good, misses shots and doesn't like to run.



And then he must have also only watched SDSU-WYO game when SDSU scored season high 96 points and did whatever they wanted to offensively.



And since WYO played SDSU and then BYU, it's clear that SDSU likes to run and BYU likes to play in the half court.
J
Jarhead
mizzoucoug wrote:
Yeah I saw that too. What a tool, he's never seen either team play. Heck, last game SDSU quit crashing the boards so hard multiple times because we kept schooling them in transition.

I read that last night and just couldn't believe the mistake. Not only was he not very familiar with two top 10 teams in a sport he is paid to cover, but seriously, when you are writing keys to the game for a "rematch"; how can you not even bother to ask somebody who actually watched the first game what these teams were like.
C
Cougs_Rule
Jarhead wrote:
Yeah I saw that too. What a tool, he's never seen either team play. Heck, last game SDSU quit crashing the boards so hard multiple times because we kept schooling them in transition.

I read that last night and just couldn't believe the mistake. Not only was he not very familiar with two top 10 teams in a sport he is paid to cover, but seriously, when you are writing keys to the game for a "rematch"; how can you not even bother to ask somebody who actually watched the first game what these teams were like.


Cause he's a Dukie-tool. Nothing against Coach K, but its the same with Kirk Herbstreet--He's a buck-eye tool. Sorry Puma. :-(
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.