Archived Topic

Jawing at Jimmer not in SDSU's playbook

by urroner · 2/25/2011

Advertisement
U
urroner
Jawing at Jimmer not in SDSU's playbook


The student section, known as "The Show,'' will no doubt push the bounds of decency.



But there's no animosity between the players, even after Jimmer went off for 43 points in a 71-58 win against SDSU in Provo a month ago.



"I think since we're both in the Top 10 and have been playing very well and always have great battles against each other that there's a level of respect,'' Jimmer said Wednesday night after scoring 34 points in BYU's 84-76 win against Colorado State. "Both teams have very talented players and we go out and compete. There's no trash talking or anything like that. We both just want to win the Mountain West Conference and that's what this game is all about. I think both teams have great respect for each other.''



The feeling is mutual, SDSU senior forward Billy White said. Jawing at Jimmer won't be in SDSU's playbook.



"D.J., Tim (Shelton) and I have been in the league for four years, so we kind of grew up with each other, playing against each other all the time. We just have respect for each other. He is a great player and I respect him a lot for what he's doing. On Saturday, we'll just try not to let him go off on us this time to get a win.''


I would love to meet the Aztecs three more times on the b-ball court before the season is over with the final being in the Big Dance's final.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.