Archived Topic

Adam Hine?

by cmurdoch3 · 2/24/2011

Advertisement
C
cmurdoch3
what is the bio on this kid? i saw he was **** on scout, and returning from his mission soon. Do you fella's know if he is going to redshirt? i read he was a high jump kid in track... is he a burner? i'd love another home run threat in our backfield... does anyone have a 40 time on the kid? i've been watching some youtube highlights on drew phillips... because im 23 years old and have that kind of time... and i love the fact that he can make some people miss in the open-field, and take it to the "hizzy"... so is adam hine the same type of player? and what about that redshirt? if anybody knows...
S
SpiffCoug
I thought I heard he doesn't get back until the summer and that he will likely RS the 2011 season.
J
jonnylingo
i heard it is august.
B
Brayden Green
Adam is very fast. 4.5-ish. He might be faster.



If you are looking for highlight vids, he used the last name "Timo" for a long time and then switched shortly to Hine before committing to BYU. (I think Hine is his mom's name. I could be wrong about why, but I am 100% on the name switch.)
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Adam is very fast. 4.5-ish. He might be faster.



If you are looking for highlight vids, he used the last name "Timo" for a long time and then switched shortly to Hine before committing to BYU. (I think Hine is his mom's name. I could be wrong about why, but I am 100% on the name switch.)

That's what I remember too. What's crazy is this kid was a 2009 signee and the earliest he'll see the field is 2012.
Advertisement
C
cmurdoch3
that seems good though, that way he can get rid of the "missionary legs" and work on getting his quicks back. its no secret (well at least among BYU fans) that we have a pretty deep backfield going into the year, but next year we'll lose brian and jj, and he could help fill those voids. on the subject of RB, do you guys see phillips as more of a running back? or maybe a flanker type player? id love to see him man the slot position, and get his wes welker on. It seems like he could be open every play if benjamin cahoon taught him up a little. bubble screens wr reverses, and just running short routes... getting the ball in his hands in space seems exciting. i just dont want him to disapear behind karyia, juice, and jj, and not get many touches.
B
Brayden Green
cmurdoch3 wrote:
that seems good though, that way he can get rid of the "missionary legs" and work on getting his quicks back. its no secret (well at least among BYU fans) that we have a pretty deep backfield going into the year, but next year we'll lose brian and jj, and he could help fill those voids. on the subject of RB, do you guys see phillips as more of a running back? or maybe a flanker type player? id love to see him man the slot position, and get his wes welker on. It seems like he could be open every play if benjamin cahoon taught him up a little. bubble screens wr reverses, and just running short routes... getting the ball in his hands in space seems exciting. i just dont want him to disapear behind karyia, juice, and jj, and not get many touches.


I think a big part of bringing in Joe DuPaix other than the obvious reasons is so that we can learn what to do with Phillips type players.



I am interested to see how our fast backs like him are utilized in the future.
B
BYUgeezer
Ada was in my ward.

Mom's name Hine (Henay)

State record holder in high jump 7'2"

Home in August

Don't know how fast but pretty quick

Natural at finding holes to run through

Great kid and enjoying mission

His Mom is the LDS Version of OC's Mom (really Cool)

Best at running back but also played QB and linebacker and I believe some D-back

He is fun to be around

When in shape he has a definite D1 body
D
Ddawg
All good!! Adam has excited me since BYU was recruiting him - the potential seems huge. Of course - you gotta see what happens when the pads get put on & the hitting starts. But I think Adam will be something special - big upside.
F
fifthqb
I played against Adam (only knew him as Timo) once. Kid was the fastest RB I ever played against in High School. Always thought Nate Carter (A BYU walk-on this year, played similar time frame as Adam in St.George) was harder to bring down. Thats probably just because Nate jumped over me during a game though...
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
I first heard of him in 2007, and feel like I've been waiting a long time to see him finally play at BYU. He's going to be a big contributor when he does finally play.
D
Ddawg
YBrit wrote:
I first heard of him in 2007, and feel like I've been waiting a long time to see him finally play at BYU. He's going to be a big contributor when he does finally play.


It has been a long wait. But - his body has matured & so has he. I expect really big things from Adam.

8)
B
BroncoBot
Adam is going to be one of those "mature/26" year old guys at BYU that other coaches complain so much about.



Eat your heart out Rocky Long.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.