Archived Topic

Coach Fisher Does Have Class

by EM_Puma · 2/24/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
It was mentioned earlier this week on how many have respect for SDSU's Coach Fisher. It's nice to see someone make such a statement as it is spot on in my book:



The following is Fisher's full letter to fans, provided by the San Diego State athletic department:



Source: Aztecs Coach Asks Fans for Favor | NBC San Diego

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Aztecs-Coach-Asks-Fans-For-Favor-116746804.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Dear Aztec Faithful -

We know the energy and enthusiasm brought by The Show is what makes Viejas Arena one of the toughest home courts in the country. It is important to remember that when you are in the student section, you represent something greater than yourself. You represent San Diego State, and we need your help to make sure the representation of our university is a positive one. Our upcoming game against top ten opponent BYU will be televised nationally by CBS, and will be one of the biggest games in the respective histories of both programs. We always encourage The Show to continue to be the most creative, funny, and loudest student section in America, but we cannot cross the line into topics that are out of bounds and distasteful, particularly making fun of one’s religion. Please discourage any chants or signs that cross this line. We will not permit signs that are derogatory or disrespectful of our opponent. Let’s win this game, but in a respectful fashion befitting your university. GO AZTECS!

Steve Fisher




Personally, I don't think their fans have it in them to to not take advantage of a national audience and doing the same tastesless jabs against our religion, against our families, or anything else we esteem. Come on SDSU fans. Surprise me for once.
S
SpiffCoug
Huge props to Coach Fisher. Finally someone stepping up and basically saying the past treatment of BYU by their fanbase has been unacceptable.
B
Brayden Green
Very nice. Too bad he has a bunch of mindless morons to work with.
N
nuk13
How would one send a compliment to that man? I would like to see something like that from ourselves and everyone we face.
N
nuk13
How would one send a compliment to that man? I would like to see something like that from ourselves and everyone we face.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Sorry for the double post, but then he deserves it.
C
Cougs_Rule
Sorry to be a little cynical, but I give him 50% credit for plausible "class" and 50% credit for just being very smart and managing his program and the fans behavior--which certainly would have become more deplorable than in past, if left alone, bc idiots with a camera on them, particularly a national, HD, (non-suck-ified Mtn) camera, on them become bigger idiots.

Still great what Fisher is doing. Good for him.
B
BroncoBot
Yeah, let's not give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, he's only said good things about BYU every time he's been asked about them all year.
C
Cougs_Rule
He knows a rising tide for both programs is beneficial to him and SDSU as well. AND yes, much more class than many of the classless.
G
Gunk
I honestly get the feeling that Fisher understands the better BYU does the better for SDSU.



I hope we still schedule SDSU when we're with the WCC. We'll need some tough teams on our schedule to round out the cakewalk regular season. I could do without playing UNLV. I'm fine with UNM.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
I honestly get the feeling that Fisher understands the better BYU does the better for SDSU.



I hope we still schedule SDSU when we're with the WCC. We'll need some tough teams on our schedule to round out the cakewalk regular season. I could do without playing UNLV. I'm fine with UNM.




CSU coach was also very classy in his comments about Jimmer and BYU after losing to us twice. I would be happy to play his team again inthe future as well.
G
Gunk
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I honestly get the feeling that Fisher understands the better BYU does the better for SDSU.



I hope we still schedule SDSU when we're with the WCC. We'll need some tough teams on our schedule to round out the cakewalk regular season. I could do without playing UNLV. I'm fine with UNM.




CSU coach was also very classy in his comments about Jimmer and BYU after losing to us twice. I would be happy to play his team again inthe future as well.


Very true. Miles has a good program going for him.
B
BYULV
I would rather play unlv over unm if I were forced to play one of them. At least Kruger has a shade of class whereas the Unm coach has zero.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.