Archived Topic

Why no talk of Rose for COY

by EM_Puma · 2/22/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I saw a tweet of someone making that question of why Coach Fisher's name has been all over the board of national talk for coach of the year and yet similar talk of Dave Rose has been inconspicuously absent.



Is it because you can't have two men looked at from the same insagnificant conference at the same time or you can't have someone on your team who is being considered POY at the same time because it actually has had nothing to do with your coaching, but you are only riding the back of a special player?



I can't come up with a qualified answer to that question.
S
Schmoe
I think, while Coach Rose is absolutely awesome, that the whole Jimmermania takes away from Rose getting attention for COY. If the best player in the country is on your team, then you better be winning some games regardless of coaching. I'm ok with it, because it pissed me off when Brown got coach of the year with the Cavs because Lebron was killing it (and then got seriously outcoached by Van Gundy and got beat by the Magic) while Sloan got the shaft even though he got an underdog Jazz team all the way to the Western Conf. Finals.
C
CougarClaw
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe coach Sloan has the distinction of the 3rd most wins in NBA history, and 0 coach of the year awards. That's inexcusable.



And Unfortunately you've been "Daved" doesn't have the same ring to it, and No team in the world can have both POY AND COY on the same side...that just wouldn't be fair.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.