Archived Topic

Jimmer got Jimmered at TCU

by Cougarbib · 2/22/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Calf contusion. Did not practice Monday. Day-to-Day status. Maybe the refs will start calling fouls again.



Luckily, getting JImmered usually doesn't cause the player to miss the next game.



I hope so in Jimmer's case. We need him to be solid Wednesday and 110% on Saturday.
S
SpiffCoug
I'd love to see a parade to the free throw line on Saturday. If you're an SDSU fan, you better hope Jimmer shoots like 16 FTs against the Rams or he could should 20+ against the Aztecs.
B
beauso79
Hopefully KC's ready to help run point against CSU so Jimmer can heal up for Saturday vs SDSU. Playing Jimmer too much may cause his injury to worsen which wouldn't be good.
B
BroncoBot
Just wondering, why do so many people want to see KC run the point? I've never thought he would be a good pg. Solid 3 sure, but that's not a good thing if KC is #2 point guard.



Edit: sorry beauso if it feels like I'm just out to attack your views tonight. Maybe he is a good pg?
B
beauso79
declocoug wrote:
Just wondering, why do so many people want to see KC run the point? I've never thought he would be a good pg. Solid 3 sure, but that's not a good thing if KC is #2 point guard.



Edit: sorry beauso if it feels like I'm just out to attack your views tonight. Maybe he is a good pg?


Didn't KC run point in High School?? If I remember rightly he was pretty dang good at it. I believe KC is Jimmer's heir apparent at PG for BYU. Am I wrong??
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
beauso79 wrote:
Just wondering, why do so many people want to see KC run the point? I've never thought he would be a good pg. Solid 3 sure, but that's not a good thing if KC is #2 point guard.



Edit: sorry beauso if it feels like I'm just out to attack your views tonight. Maybe he is a good pg?


Didn't KC run point in High School?? If I remember rightly he was pretty dang good at it. I believe KC is Jimmer's heir apparent at PG for BYU. Am I wrong??

You could be right about all of that, I really don't know. I just haven't seen anything from KC that makes me too excited about him at point guard.
U
urroner
beauso79 wrote:
Am I wrong??


From Blazing Saddles:

Charlie: Am I wrong, or is the world rising?



What does this quote have to do with the thread, well, not much. Beauso79 just reminded me of it.
K
kiwibacon
I thought that is why Carlino is coming...to be the next PG.
B
beauso79
kiwibacon wrote:
I thought that is why Carlino is coming...to be the next PG.


I guess we do need a bridge between Jimmer and KC's mission
Q
Qman
KC is naturally a 2. He has enough ball skills to play some point guard.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Qman wrote:
KC is naturally a 2. He has enough ball skills to play some point guard.


A natural 2???? Isn't a 2 more of a SHOOTING guard meaning that the 3-ball drops for them on a regular basis?? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not KC. He's got to be either a 1 or 3 in our system.
B
Brayden Green
beauso79 wrote:
KC is naturally a 2. He has enough ball skills to play some point guard.


A natural 2???? Isn't a 2 more of a SHOOTING guard meaning that the 3-ball drops for them on a regular basis?? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not KC. He's got to be either a 1 or 3 in our system.


He will be a 3 back off the mission.



Carlino will be next years' starting 1.

Harrison will be next years' starting 2.

Abuou/Rogers starting at the 3.

Then Davies starting at the 4 and hopefully we get a "big" out of a JC transfer for the 5 spot. If not, C-coll and Davies works just fine, as long as they both continue to improve. I'd rather have a true "5" if we could swing a high end JC transfer. Davies is not a true 5, his game is much more suited to be a 4.
B
beauso79
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Qman wrote:
KC is naturally a 2. He has enough ball skills to play some point guard.


A natural 2???? Isn't a 2 more of a SHOOTING guard meaning that the 3-ball drops for them on a regular basis?? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's not KC. He's got to be either a 1 or 3 in our system.


He will be a 3 back off the mission.



Carlino will be next years' starting 1.

Harrison will be next years' starting 2.

Abuou will be next years' starting 3.

Then Davies starting at the 4 and hopefully we get a "big" out of a JC transfer for the 5 spot.


I don't quite agree here about next year. Winder will have an impact at the 1 or 2 especially since Carlino can't play until Dec 15th. Many are underestimating how good Winder probably is and he'll probably still push for time at PG once Carlino is eligible. I agree about Abouo starting at the 3 or possibly the 2 next year out of necessity. The only way Davies moves to the 4 is if Harward or Austin are ready to contribute upon return. We'll have CC and Noah next year at the 4 as well as Rogers if he can add a little weight. Rogers is the wild card, with a little weight he could possibly even start at the 4 but he'll likely relegate Harrison to back-up the 2 or 3 which might not be a bad thing for a freshman.



Likely starters to begin season: Experience usually has upper hand



1 - Winder - maybe Martineau but hope not

2 - Abouo

3 - Rogers

4 - CC - started over Noah to begin the season this year until he got hurt.

5 - Davies



Winder wants to play PG so we'll see.



After Dec 15th who knows: This team would be pretty deep



1 - Winder/Carlino/Martineau??

2 - Abouo/Harrison/Winder??

3 - Rogers/Abouo/Harrison??

4 - CC/Noah/Rogers??

5 - Davies/Noah/Anderson/Harward/Austin



One big question I have is how good will Austin and Harward be upon return?? I believe Harward is the better low-post prospect and would have a shot at passing Anderson on the depth chart if he weren't red-shirted. Both Harward and Austin will likely red-shirt next season and we may be deep enough where we don't need them if Anderson can make any improvement during the off season.
B
bigbluepuma
I sure hope Austin and Harward RS next year. We have seen ample evidence that playing too soon after return is not a good thing. Too many injuries, and too poor of performance.
B
Brayden Green
I haven't seen enough of Winder to really lobby a valid opinion out there, but Carlino is legit. And he's young, but super smart. There is a reason that big time schools have been after him since early on in his teens. I've seen a few highlight vids of Winder, but they are mostly at just over 1/2 court vids. Not sure if he played at a lower division or something...



Before Dec 15th we played 13 games this year. A lot of those games were to junior high school type teams.



I would imagine that next year, if we really wanted to (key operating word here being wanted, or needed) we could load up the middle of the schedule so we are only playing like 6 or 7 games up to December, and most of those would be junior high school type teams.



And let's face it, other than the one or two marquee names in the WCC, overall competition is very weak, and is a serious step down from the MWC. I think if Carlino is much better than Winder, and I don't see why he wouldn't be based on what I see I think you make preparation for him to take over.



Fortunately, we have a very good coach that is going to have the final say in the matter.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.