Archived Topic

BYU owns DJ Gay

by SpiffCoug · 2/21/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
His career numbers vs BYU: 28.3 minutes a game; 25.1 FG%; 16.1 3P%; 5.4 ppg



In games at SDSU: 27 mpg; 34.3 FG%; 12.5 3P%; 6.3 ppg.



In his last three games vs BYU: 36.3 mpg; 25.5 FG%; 20.8 3P%; 9.7 ppg.



In his games when guarded by Jackson Emery: 29.5 mpg; 24.4 FG%; 16.0 3P%; 6.5 ppg He's only made more than one shot twice in six career games vs Jax.



If they're relying on him to be the difference in the game, they may be betting on the wrong horse.
I
imuakahuku
I think JAX can and will shut him down again. I do hope though that they start Rogers over KC. I think SDST is alot like UNLV. Throw it up and go get it. With Rogers, Davies, and Hartsock under there it doesn't happen. With KC, he gets jumped over and ends up in foul trouble or embarassed. KC just doesn't get up as quick and doesn't have as long of arms as Rogers. I think he is key to getting def RB's.



Back to Gay. Jax on him and he doesn't get into the paint or get the dishes he would like to have. And the nice thing is that JAX can block him without leaving his feet so he doesn't have to elevate on the up fake.



I do feel good about our chances vs SDST. Especially after watching them againt UNLV, CSU, and AF. They just didn't look like an overwhelming team. Seemed to rely very heavily on defense vs their opponent and offensive rebounds.
S
SpiffCoug
KC has 20 rebounds the last four games he's played. Rogers has 15 in his last four games.
R
runbyu1
kitic77 wrote:
KC has 20 rebounds the last four games he's played. Rogers has 15 in his last four games.


Minute comparison? My gut tells me it's about even. What about O-boards vs. D-Boards?



Anyone?
B
BroncoBot
Great, now Gay is going to have a breakout game. You had to say something, didn't you kitic.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
imuakahuku wrote:
I think JAX can and will shut him down again. I do hope though that they start Rogers over KC. I think SDST is alot like UNLV. Throw it up and go get it. With Rogers, Davies, and Hartsock under there it doesn't happen. With KC, he gets jumped over and ends up in foul trouble or embarassed. KC just doesn't get up as quick and doesn't have as long of arms as Rogers. I think he is key to getting def RB's.



Back to Gay. Jax on him and he doesn't get into the paint or get the dishes he would like to have. And the nice thing is that JAX can block him without leaving his feet so he doesn't have to elevate on the up fake.



I do feel good about our chances vs SDST. Especially after watching them against UNLV, CSU, and AF. They just didn't look like an overwhelming team. Seemed to rely very heavily on defense vs their opponent and offensive rebounds.


I'd rather have Abouo start over Rogers for KC, though I'd prefer Rogers be the first one off the bench. Fine, KC may grab a board or two more than Rogers, but in the last 7 games the most points KC has had is 6. We're going to need all the points we can get. Rogers can shoot and can put it on the floor. KC can...
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes BYU and particularly Jax has owned DJ. Jax locked him down. It was the first key to a win.

But whoa cougar fans. Don't think for a second that KC or Rogers will be anywhere close to containing Leonard. In the game at the MC, Abouo came into the second half and took Leonard's boards way down. I would like to see that stat: 1st half vs 2nd half. IMO, it was the biggest key to the win from a defensive standpoint. In fact, it deserves its own thread. If DJ gets Jackson'ed and Leonard gets Abouo'ed, we win this game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
dmcougar wrote:
Yes BYU and particularly Jax has owned DJ. Jax locked him down. It was the first key to a win.

But whoa cougar fans. Don't think for a second that KC or Rogers will be anywhere close to containing Leonard. In the game at the MC, Abouo came into the second half and took Leonard's boards way down. I would like to see that stat: 1st half vs 2nd half. IMO, it was the biggest key to the win from a defensive standpoint. In fact, it deserves its own thread. If DJ gets Jackson'ed and Leonard gets Abouo'ed, we win this game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Huge +1.



When Abouo come in against SDSU, BYU pulled ahead and stayed ahead.
Y
YBrit
I think that's partly why BYU is hated by them so much.



BYU beats anything Gay.
R
redneckjedi
YBrit wrote:
I think that's partly why BYU is hated by them so much.



BYU beats anything Gay.


So true. The gayest thing I've ever experienced was the A'capella Jam at BYU (which I attended for 10 minutes to support a roommate, but had to leave after two acts). The only way it could have been gayer is if a group had performed "I Feel Pretty." :sick:
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
redneckjedi wrote:
I think that's partly why BYU is hated by them so much.



BYU beats anything Gay.


So true. The gayest thing I've ever experienced was the A'capella Jam at BYU (which I attended for 10 minutes to support a roommate, but had to leave after two acts). The only way it could have been gayer is if a group had performed "I Feel Pretty." :sick:


I bet that was almost Chuck Norris macho compared to "extravadance" at Ricks back in '91. I don't think I ever left something like that feeling like I needed a shower and an excuse just for being there. My wife (girlfriend at the time) even hated it and she is huge on dance type things.
I
imuakahuku
kitic77 wrote:
KC has 20 rebounds the last four games he's played. Rogers has 15 in his last four games.


I base it on the UNlV game. While KC was in they shot and crashed the boards and stayed in the game. Once Rogers came in for KC they shot and Rogers was able to block them out and go up and get the d rebounds that UNLV was taking away from KC. Against teams that chuck and charge I like Rogers and Charles in there. KC just isn't big enough yet to block out true forwards. He will get there but he still has some growing to do physically.
R
redneckjedi
imuakahuku wrote:
YBrit wrote:
I think that's partly why BYU is hated by them so much.



BYU beats anything Gay.


So true. The gayest thing I've ever experienced was the A'capella Jam at BYU (which I attended for 10 minutes to support a roommate, but had to leave after two acts). The only way it could have been gayer is if a group had performed "I Feel Pretty." :sick:


I bet that was almost Chuck Norris macho compared to "extravadance" at Ricks back in '91. I don't think I ever left something like that feeling like I needed a shower and an excuse just for being there. My wife (girlfriend at the time) even hated it and she is huge on dance type things.


Did yours have two overweight white emcee's repeatedly asking for a "What? What?" as whitely as possible while lamenting the fact that they can't cure their singleness via HotSaints.com, too?
S
snoscythe
Does this make the Cougs into Gaylords?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.