Archived Topic

Whoops, Ute Trouble

by jonnylingo · 2/21/2011

Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
IIRC he has been a starter since his freshman year. If this is who I think it is, losing him would be huge.



Just confirmed it is him. He has been a starter since his freshman (true) year but missed last year with a knee injury. Losing him for any games will be a big blow.
Y
Y 4 Ever
imuakahuku wrote:
IIRC he has been a starter since his freshman year. If this is who I think it is, losing him would be huge.



Just confirmed it is him. He has been a starter since his freshman (true) year but missed last year with a knee injury. Losing him for any games will be a big blow.


He'll play all 12 games for the :utard: s next year
U
Ungoy
The :utard: will suspend him for spring training, and he'll be back for Fall Camp, and he'll play all their games next year.
B
byucougar1
DUI - Dumb Ute Indefinitely?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Dumb kid. Hard to root against a college aged kid, but that was just dumb. Gotta be smarter than that.
D
Ddawg
Hard to teach the college athlete "Judgement." But, it is critical. Lacking here.
P
ProV1
This is more than just "dumb" and "whoops" to me. DUI and speeding is a loaded weapon (literally). He's should be thanking his lucky stars he didn't hurt or kill anyone. I hate when this stuff gets swept under the "just being a dumb kid" rug.
U
Ungoy
According to the Tweet board, Kryle has suspended him indefinitely from the football team. I still wonder if he'll be allowed to rejoin the team in time for fall camp.
C
CougarClaw
Ungoy wrote:
According to the Tweet board, Kryle has suspended him indefinitely from the football team. I still wonder if he'll be allowed to rejoin the team in time for fall camp.


perhaps, but in the meantime, you have to give credit to KW for quick and clear action. This isn't a situation like UNLV's Tre'von, where next-to- nothing was done to your star player who got caught red-handed.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
He'll be reinstated well before fall camp. I'll be surprised if he misses all of spring ball.
Y
YBrit
CougarClaw wrote:
According to the Tweet board, Kryle has suspended him indefinitely from the football team. I still wonder if he'll be allowed to rejoin the team in time for fall camp.


perhaps, but in the meantime, you have to give credit to KW for quick and clear action. This isn't a situation like UNLV's Tre'von, where next-to- nothing was done to your star player who got caught red-handed.




Actually, she got caught red-necked.



KW did what Jimmer would've done. On top of that



Ute "indef suspensions" are actually bracketed with a 24 hour reference...media just never follows up with utah, in fact why did this even make news?
S
SpiffCoug
Speaking of Utes not making the news, anyone hear Chris Hines after his game-winning chuck beat UNM?



He said the team needed a big shot so he shot and prayed and knew that good things happen when you put your trust in God.
U
Ungoy
kitic77 wrote:
Speaking of Utes not making the news, anyone hear Chris Hines after his game-winning chuck beat UNM?



He said the team needed a big shot so he shot and prayed and knew that good things happen when you put your trust in God.




Interesting.... Sounds eerily familiar to a certain BYU wide out a few years back after making a huge 4th down catch on the game winning drive...



Double standard indeed.
B
bostoncoug
kitic77 wrote:
Speaking of Utes not making the news, anyone hear Chris Hines after his game-winning chuck beat UNM?



He said the team needed a big shot so he shot and prayed and knew that good things happen when you put your trust in God.


Kitic, do you have a link to this quote? I have some :utard: that I work with, and they STILL give me crap about Collies quote. I'd love to have this quote in black and white to throw it in their faces. :)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
It was in his post-game interview on the mountain immediately following the game. I don't tink that he'd even gone back to the lockerroom yet.
F
frdbtr
If this were BYU then he would be in serious trouble. Since it is the utes, it will probably just give him street cred.
C
craigoscarson
Hold on, a kid from Kahuku gets busted for an alcohol related crime?





Impossible ;)
W
Wickchad
Well if Utah doesn't take him back I'm sure there is a spot for him at Washington...



I'm hoping for at least a three game suspension...
B
blue42
I saw this on the local news, they actually interviewed a couple of students there and the main question was should he be suspended and each of them said no because "we are going to the pac 10 next year and we need all the good players we can get". :roll: See how they are fitting in already to the BSC mindset!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.