Archived Topic

Proof that rivalries can go too far...

by Y 4 Ever · 2/17/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Pretty stupid and classless thing to do. I hope the guy is caught and prosecuted.
I
imuakahuku
hawkwing wrote:
Pretty stupid and classless thing to do. I hope the guy is caught and prosecuted.


Sounds like they did catch him.



"Later Thursday, WTVM in Columbus, Ga., reported that police arrested Harvey Almorn Updyke, 62, on a charge of criminal mischief. His bond is set at $50,000, the station reported."
B
Brayden Green
TREEKILLER!!!



The funny thing about this story, is that he is going to get 20 to life for killing a tree, when guys in Alabama are getting out on "good behavior" for murdering actual people.



It's a good thing that the Georgia Bulldogs didn't beat the Tide.





EDIT: I am using "20 to life" as a metaphor. I don't he'll get much jail time, but he is going to need to declare bankruptcy with all of the fines and lawsuits levied against him.



Which, judging from the character of this guy, he isn't actually that far away from it now... I'll never be surprised at the stupidity of people. To commit a crime is one thing, but to call in to a radio show, and give them your name... This guy fell out of the stupid tree as a baby, and hit every branch. Landing on his head, finally.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Sad story. And the commentary on some people is even sadder.



One serious question. The following quote appears in the article:

"A small group gathered and rolled the trees Wednesday afternoon."

Is this a hortacultural term or local vernacular?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
U
urroner
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
Sad story. And the commentary on some people is even sadder.



One serious question. The following quote appears in the article:

"A small group gathered and rolled the trees Wednesday afternoon."

Is this a hortacultural term or local vernacular?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


They toilet paper the trees every year. That is what is meant by "rolled the trees."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.