Archived Topic

2011 @ Logan. Bold move.

by BroncoBot · 2/16/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
BYU "kicks off" 2011 basketball season at USU?



I'm shocked. I can't see BYU winning that game with the seniors leaving and knowing how tough it is to win in Logan. At least this will shut those aggies up that feel like BYU is afraid to play them there.



EDIT: Sorry for the confusion I may have cause kitic, I wasn't shocked that the cougars agreed to go to USU, just that they decided to do it so early in the season (first game I think). That's what will be tough, no game experience sans Jimmer/Jackson and you're headed into a very menacing arena.
S
SpiffCoug
We're not afraid to play them. We just wanted it to be fair. We'd gone to Logan something like five times in eight years.



Next year will be a struggle, but it'd have been a struggle this year as well. It's tough to play in Logan. Although it would have been fun to see Jimmer score 40 on them up there.
C
craigoscarson
I have to assume this is with an agreement to come back to our place.



Everyone knows how difficult it is to win up there and we'll have a rebuilding team (and we won't have Carlino).



An RPI builder that will test our team (we'll need the noncon rpi help because the WCC is not great for the RPI and SOS... and shame on anyone that tried to convince us that the WCC is on par in hoops with the MWC...particularly in light of this season)
B
BroncoBot
craigoscarson wrote:
I have to assume this is with an agreement to come back to our place.



Everyone knows how difficult it is to win up there and we'll have a rebuilding team (and we won't have Carlino).



An RPI builder that will test our team (we'll need the noncon rpi help because the WCC is not great for the RPI and SOS... and shame on anyone that tried to convince us that the WCC is on par in hoops with the MWC...particularly in light of this season)

Hey, with BYU, the WCC is going to be the next MWC baby!!!!



I'm sure BYU and USU are going to be in a long term your place our place agreement. Which is fine with me.



I agree kitic, I think USU has complained more and had less of an argument about who is afraid to play who, where.
S
SpiffCoug
Just so I'm not crazy. Since 2000 here are where the BYU-USU games have been. There have been 10 games - 5 in Logan, 4 in Provo and 1 at Energy Solutions Arena

2010: @ Provo

2009: @ Logan

2008: @ Energy Solutions

2007: no game

2006: @ Provo

2005: @ Logan

2004: @ Logan & @ Provo

2003: @ Logan

2002: @ Provo

2001: @ Logan

2000: no game
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
BYU gave USU an extra home game in basketball because BYU football backed out of a game up there.



The reason the 2007 game wasn't played is because Rose said he wasn't going up there another year without either a neutral site game or one in Provo. BYU offered to do the ESA game and give USU the gate money. Stew said no. The AD said yes for the next year (only time Stew has been forced to take a game).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I'm well aware of the situation. It's just flat ignorance by USU fans who claim BYU is afraid to come to Logan. That simply isn't the case.
B
BroncoBot
kitic77 wrote:
I'm well aware of the situation. It's just flat ignorance by USU fans who claim BYU is afraid to come to Logan. That simply isn't the case.

And it's crazy how many people don't understand that Stew is the biggest issue with the series.
S
stuckinbig10country
kitic77 wrote:
I'm well aware of the situation. It's just flat ignorance by USU fans who claim BYU is afraid to come to Logan. That simply isn't the case.


My post wasn't intended to say that you didn't know the situation. Just giving some background for those that might not be as in touch with the basketball side of things.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
craigoscarson wrote:
I have to assume this is with an agreement to come back to our place.



Everyone knows how difficult it is to win up there and we'll have a rebuilding team (and we won't have Carlino).



An RPI builder that will test our team (we'll need the noncon rpi help because the WCC is not great for the RPI and SOS... and shame on anyone that tried to convince us that the WCC is on par in hoops with the MWC...particularly in light of this season)


I guess we will get to see DeMarcus and Davies put on a show for us! 8)



And I expect to see Davies really put on a show for us. I think he is the best "big" we have had in some time. He can actually move with the ball and just about every shot he takes is under control and has a soft touch (except the dunks :crazy: ).
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
I'm afraid of Logan, all of those cows and farmers...just creeps me out.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.