Archived Topic

BYU Vs Notre Dame in Final 4 Would be Epic

by Cougarbib · 2/14/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Updated Title:



The Top 8 Teams look pretty solid and seem to have differentiated and separated themselves from those behind them in the polls. Barring major upsets - I don't see the Top 8 changing much, if at all. If we beat SDSU two more times - they may fall out of the Top 8 - but probably not unless they lose to someone else.



I am going to create a new thread to discuss what would be a huge matchup in the Big Dance.



Just envision Jimmer Fredette dribbling the length of the court crossing over 8 or ten times on five different Notre Dame players for a game winner at the buzzer. Then imagine the Danny Ainge comparisons.



I find this interesting given that one poll has had us ahead of them and one poll has had them ahead of us for several weeks now. Let's settle that on the court!
Y
Y 4 Ever
Cougarbib2 wrote:
The Top 8 Teams look pretty solid and seem to have differentiated and separated themselves from those behind them in the polls. Barring major upsets - I don't see the Top 8 changing much, if at all. If we beat SDSU two more times - they may fall out of the Top 8 - but probably not unless they lose to someone else.



I am going to create a new thread to discuss what would be a huge matchup in the Big Dance.



Just envisoin Jimmer Fredette dribbling the length of the court crossing over 8 or ten times on five different Notre Dame players for a gamem winner at the buzzer. THen imagine the Danny Ainge comparisons.



I find this interesting given that one poll has had us ahead of them an done poll has had them ahead of us for several weeks now. Let's settle that on the court!


I'd rather see it in the Final Four, but that's just me.



Plus, if we played ND before then, that would likely mean we didn't get the 2 seed (since it seems that ND will likely get a 2 seed).
C
Cougarbib
I suppose a miracle or two could happen and we would get a #1 seed and if in the same quartile - play them in the elite 8. Or one of us could drop past the #2 seed.



But I like your plan. Final Four would be nice. That would make it even more epic. In fact the NC game would be most epic.



I changed the OP to reflect Final Four.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.