Archived Topic

How does OSU Losing affect us?

by CougarClaw · 2/12/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
Ohio finally has a loss. yippee. But they lost to #13 Wisconsin on a tough away game. Since they' were the last unbeaten, do they even drop? Certainly not below us, so does it matter that they lost?



Perhaps if they lose a few more, we can change our minds, but this has got to help us at least a little.
S
Schmoe
The other good thing about The Ohio Suck losing is that it also means Sullinger loses. The more they lose, the less press Sullinger gets for POY.
B
Brayden Green
Sullinger had 19 and 12, so he didn't have a terrible game, but he wasn't stellar.



I think they drop in the polls, but not out of the top 5 or even top 3.



I think this means that if everything continues as is, this loss means Jimmer gets POY honors. You have a hard time making a case for a freshman, on a non-perfect winning season, against a senior point guard with name status.
Y
YBrit
When is the final verdict? I mean, when do we get to stop worrying about POY? Because the minute he wins that the decade of Y ball will be a success to me.
B
bball
OSU is one of the "protected" schools, so they will drop two or three spots, but that's all. What will affect BYU is if SDSU loses to UNLV, then we move up one, but that's all, nobody else has lost.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Pitt may lose.
B
BoiseBYU
It means the NCAA is wide open this year baby....WHY NOT US?
Y
Y 4 Ever
It means that wisconsin could possibly jump us. Not outside of the realm of possibilities. But even if they did, I wouldn't care. They are bound to lose again, and soon.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Y 4 Ever wrote:
It means that wisconsin could possibly jump us. Not outside of the realm of possibilities. But even if they did, I wouldn't care. They are bound to lose again, and soon.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Wisconsin isn't going to jump that far.
Y
Y 4 Ever
kitic77 wrote:
It means that wisconsin could possibly jump us. Not outside of the realm of possibilities. But even if they did, I wouldn't care. They are bound to lose again, and soon.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Wisconsin isn't going to jump that far.


Ya, you were right - they didn't get as much mileage out of beating OSU as I feared they might. Looks like ND is closing the gap though...
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I know we say the big schools get unfair treatment, and we're probably right, but this year BYU moved UP after a loss. OSU losing at Wisconsin isn't enough to drop them out of the top 5. Everyone loses when they go to Wisconsin. Their coach has only lost about 5 games there all time.
G
gmj81
OSU losing basically doesn't matter at this point. They're still going to be a #1 seed. Them losing is good from the standpoint that there won't be an undefeated and clearly head-and-shoulders-above-the-rest team but if they lose anymore it only hurts BYU's chances of holding at a #2.



If BYU were to win out, including winning the MWC tourney, there would have to be a strong chance for BYU to get a #1 seed. We have the RPI and polls, we have the national attention and the star player. And the teams ahead of us still have some pretty tough games to play so odds are there's going to be some losses. And if there aren't, it'll just cement our potential for a #2 seed because that means all the teams behind us will be losing.
C
Cougarbib
The Top 8 Teams look pretty solid and seem to have differentiated and separated themselves from those behind them in the polls. Barring major upsets - I don't see the Top 8 changing much, if at all. If we beat SDSU two more times - they may fall out of the Top 8 - but probably not unless they lose to someone else.



I am going to create a new thread to discuss what would be a huge matchup in the Big Dance.
E
EM_Puma
How did it affect me? I welled up a tear, but I've been able to overcome that sad experience. Thanks for asking.



Sometimes I feel like I'm on a Puke site when the folks here get to teaming up against my Buckeyes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.