Archived Topic

How many minutes should Fredette play on Saturday?

by BroncoBot · 2/11/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Tomorrow might be a good time to rest "the Jimmer" and let Zylstra, Abouo, Magnusson and co get some PT. BUT.... it is Utah and I'm sure some of ya'll want to drop 100 on em again.



The poll assumes that BYU is ahead by 16 when Jimmer comes out.
R
radius19
30 minutes ought to be sufficient to get 27.6 points and be done the rest of the game. I think he might should play a bit longer than 30 though, now that I think about it, because of having next wednesday off. Gotta keep him humming on all cylinders.
C
CougarPeasant
long enough to score 50 or the team win by 40.



so about 25 mins.



This game really doesn't matter in how long he plays because they have the rest of the week off until going to FT Worth to play TCU next Saturday.
U
urroner
CougarPeasant wrote:
long enough to score 50 or the team win by 40.



so about 25 mins.



This game really doesn't matter in how long he plays because they have the rest of the week off until going to FT Worth to play TCU next Saturday.


I agree, until he gets 50, but I care how much the team is up by. I want him to make a statement and then end it with a big exclamation point!
S
Schmoe
I didn't pick one because the option "as many as he wants" wasn't up there.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
It has to be tough for Rose to deal with this issue knowing that the spotlight that is on the #1 canidate for POY. You take him out for legitimate rest time because the opportunity could possibly be there, but then if he doesn't make his average, it could effect national views of his performance. I'm sure Rose would tell even himself that he would not be influenced by that thought, but really how could you not. Rose never has been involved to this level with this kind of a situation and might never again in his career.
S
SpiffCoug
There really isn't any reason for Jimmer to play more than 32 minutes tomorrow. BYU should kill the Utes. He could easily play the first 16 and last 4 minutes of each half. That's still plenty of time for him to get his, so to speak.
C
Cougarbib
EM_Puma wrote:
It has to be tough for Rose to deal with this issue knowing that the spotlight that is on the #1 canidate for POY. You take him out for legitimate rest time because the opportunity could possibly be there, but then if he doesn't make his average, it could effect national views of his performance. I'm sure Rose would tell even himself that he would not be influenced by that thought, but really how could you not. Rose never has been involved to this level with this kind of a situation and might never again in his career.

plus 1. Lets see - AInge all time scoring record, MWC POY, National POY, best BYU player ever, best player from Utah ever, 1st round NBA or lottery pick - so much on the line for Jimmer. But then if he bumps his knee and gets injured while up 30 - 2nd guessing time.



Tough decisions - WWJD - Let Jimmer decide how long he wants to play. He deserves to go plus side of 50 and why not do it in the MC over the Utes. What better way for Boylen to go out. Mid-Season firings and resignations are becoming in vogue in the Rockies.
Y
YBrit
Hey Utah is coming to play, they really really want this game. For the last 50 years these games are always the most important to them for some reason. Their best player said they are coming to beat them I'm scared...





...scared we'll only score 99 points instead of 104!
A
AmmonCougar1
kitic77 wrote:
There really isn't any reason for Jimmer to play more than 32 minutes tomorrow. BYU should kill the Utes. He could easily play the first 16 and last 4 minutes of each half. That's still plenty of time for him to get his, so to speak.


My 'tic meter' is going off but I can't tell if it's a false alarm. Aren't the halves only 20 mins? So if he played the first 16 and last 4 of each have wouldn't he be playing the whole game?



Yeah, if I missed it enjoy the laugh. If I got it then the jokes on you.



Either way...go Cougs!!! Kick the utes from here to ufn!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
Advertisement
U
urroner
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
There really isn't any reason for Jimmer to play more than 32 minutes tomorrow. BYU should kill the Utes. He could easily play the first 16 and last 4 minutes of each half. That's still plenty of time for him to get his, so to speak.


My 'tic meter' is going off but I can't tell if it's a false alarm. Aren't the halves only 20 mins? So if he played the first 16 and last 4 of each have wouldn't he be playing the whole game?



Yeah, if I missed it enjoy the laugh. If I got it then the jokes on you.



Either way...go Cougs!!! Kick the utes from here to ufn!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


Child of Ammon, I put kitic's comment through an universal grammar interpreter and found out what he really, really, really probably meant. If you change the first two letters in the word "last" to "re," you come up with "rest."



BTW kitic, thanks for the grammar lesson about the letter "u." I've always wondered why the word "hour" could be preceded by "an" and not "a."
S
SpiffCoug
You guys are correct. I meant to say that Jimmer should be able to rest 4 minutes each half and then play 16.
C
CAFB_04-12
40 minutes or 50 points. Whichever comes first. :)
S
stuckinbig10country
If there was a game on Tuesday or Wednesday, and if the team were healthy, I would want Jimmer to get only about 30 to 32 mins today. But since the team has a week off and the team is missing bodies, up to 35 would be fine.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.