Archived Topic

Sdsu or unlv?

by BYULV · 2/11/2011

Advertisement
B
BYULV
I'm going to the game Saturday night and I obviously want both teams to lose, but doubt that happens. So who do I rout for? I dislike unlv more than sdsu, I just think they are a bunch of thugs. On the other hand, it would be nice to get a 1 game cushion on the Aztecs.



(sorry, I wanted to add a poll, but can't do it from the iPad)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Tough call. It'd be nice to be the only ones to beat SDSU and a UNLV win would give us a lead over them.



I think it's a win/win for BYU.
B
BYULV
If I wear my BYU shirt to the game do I make it out alive?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
BYULV wrote:
If I wear my BYU shirt to the game do I make it out alive?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Quite likely! But build brotherhood. Wear a shirt that says: Jimmer does not discriminate between UNLV aned SDSU. He DESTROYS both! Well, not too catchy
B
BYULV
BoiseBYU wrote:
If I wear my BYU shirt to the game do I make it out alive?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Quite likely! But build brotherhood. Wear a shirt that says: Jimmer does not discriminate between UNLV aned SDSU. He DESTROYS both! Well, not too catchy


Maybe I'll just wear my "WWJD" shirt. ("What Would Jimmer Do?")



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
BYULV wrote:
BYULV wrote:
If I wear my BYU shirt to the game do I make it out alive?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Quite likely! But build brotherhood. Wear a shirt that says: Jimmer does not discriminate between UNLV aned SDSU. He DESTROYS both! Well, not too catchy


Maybe I'll just wear my "WWJD" shirt. ("What Would Jimmer Do?")



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Perfect! Oh man my sides are hurting



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Gotta go SDSU, we want them riding as high as possible when we strike them down.
B
BYULV
Schmoe wrote:
Gotta go SDSU, we want them riding as high as possible when we strike them down.


The more I think about it the happier I get about going to this game. 1) no matter who wins I get to see a team I dislike take a beat down. 2) there's a good chance I get to watch a fight breakout on the court. 3) I get to drive home knowing BYU owns both these teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
BYULV wrote:
Gotta go SDSU, we want them riding as high as possible when we strike them down.


The more I think about it the happier I get about going to this game. 1) no matter who wins I get to see a team I dislike take a beat down. 2) there's a good chance I get to watch a fight breakout on the court. 3) I get to drive home knowing BYU pwned both these teams.


The geek in me is dying to get out. It did once successfully, then it saw me and went back into deep seclusion. ;)
C
craigoscarson
I'm not sure this is a complete nobrainer win - win. The are outcomes that are also negative.



We want the easiest possible road to the conf title and the conf tourney title.



I'm not sure what that is, but this game will have a say in that. SDSU losing gives us a leg up on the regular season title and possibly the #1 seed in Vegas.



SDSU losing also makes our win @ UNLV look better, however it also minimizes our game against SDSU.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
To me we want SDSU to win as we personally benefit by them not losing to anyone besides ourselves, but then we have to beat them at SDSU.
B
BroncoBot
disclaimer: I haven't read the first page of this thread. Sorry if I'm repeating.



Does it matter at this point? If UNLV wins, that means they should look better and we beat them twice. If SDSU wins and then we beat them it adds style points to our win. SDSU losing to UNLV is not a terrible loss, and more than anything BYU just needs to beat SDSU @ SDSU.
Y
YBrit
Go UNLV all the freakin' way.



BYU dropped a bad one in a tough place. SDS isn't going to do that and will have to lose a game, hopefully BYU will beat them at their place...WHICH I'M CALLING, but BYU doesn't match up well against NM, and BYU doesn't match up well with NM referees, so what has to happen?





We don't need SDS to be a top 6 team, we need them to lose 2 more games (one to BYU) and unlv would be a fine one.
B
BroncoBot
YBrit wrote:
Go UNLV all the freakin' way.



BYU dropped a bad one in a tough place. SDS isn't going to do that and will have to lose a game, hopefully BYU will beat them at their place...WHICH I'M CALLING, but BYU doesn't match up well against NM, and BYU doesn't match up well with NM referees, so what has to happen?





We don't need SDS to be a top 6 team, we need them to lose 2 more games (one to BYU) and unlv would be a fine one.

Good point. I got ahead of myself and forgot that BYU is fighting for conf. championship.
C
CougarPeasant
a win by UNLV would shore up their at large bid status for the NCAAs, but since BYU is leaving the MWC, I really don't care how many teams from the MWC get into the tournament. I want BYU to leave a legacy that will be hard to beat and argue with once they are gone. Thus, beating SDSU twice/thrice in the same season when those are their only losses outside of the NCAAs would be very sweet. Assuming BYU wins out the regular season and in the UNLV Invitational.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
I've decided to go for UNLV in this one for the simple reason . . . With a win comes a free chicken strips meal at Canes. Now that is too good to pass up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
I think it would be cool if SDSU only had 4 losses all season--all against BYU.



2 during the regular season, 1 in the UNLV tourney finals, and 1 in the NCAA final 4.
B
bball
We need UNLV to win, I rarely pull for UNLV, but we need a little help from somebody to insure we get top seeding in the MWC tourney. We might beat SDSU at San Diego, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Unless somebody helps us a bit, and we lose at SDSU, then we come in second place in the conference. TCU is currently at the bottom, after losing to Wyoming today.
B
BroncoBot
vancouvercougar wrote:
I think it would be cool if SDSU only had 4 losses all season--all against BYU.



2 during the regular season, 1 in the UNLV tourney finals, and 1 in the NCAA final 4.

This happened in Idaho once. Declo vs Kimberly 1997-1998. That series was a beast and ended with a full court shot at the state finals at the buzzer allowing Declo to sweep the bulldogs 4-0, Kimberly's only losses that year came against Declo. Got written about in SportsIllustrated.



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1998/weekly/lifeofreilly/0323/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
stuckinbig10country
declocoug wrote:
I think it would be cool if SDSU only had 4 losses all season--all against BYU.



2 during the regular season, 1 in the UNLV tourney finals, and 1 in the NCAA final 4.

This happened in Idaho once. Declo vs Kimberly 1997-1998. That series was a beast and ended with a full court shot at the state finals at the buzzer allowing Declo to sweep the bulldogs 4-0, Kimberly's only losses that year came against Declo. Got written about in SportsIllustrated.



http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/1998/weekly/lifeofreilly/0323/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


This reminds me of the year the titans went to the superbowl. Jacksonville lost 3 times that year, all to the Titans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.