Archived Topic

Why?

by kfilly20 · 2/10/2011

Advertisement
K
kfilly20
Why is Jimmer playing 35 minutes in a 38 point victory. I didn't see the game I was just looking at the box score. If he got hurt when we are up 25 with a few minutes left I think Coach would feel pretty foolish.
S
Schmoe
Welp, because we were only up ten at the half and AFA had the momentum. Also, Jimmer decides when he comes out and goes in. ;)
B
BYUROCKS
Schmoe wrote:
Welp, because we were only up ten at the half and AFA had the momentum. Also, Jimmer decides when he comes out and goes in. ;)


Also we only had 9 players, so 1 of the starters had to be playing always, and from the look, they were rotating it.
Y
YBrit
He has got to keep his points per game up. I wanted him to get 30.
U
urroner
YBrit wrote:
He has got to keep his points per game up. I wanted him to get 30.


Me too. He would have had it if he hadn't been so selfish with the ball. He refused to pass the ball to the other team mates and that's why he scored so little.



:whistle:
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
While Jimmer did play 35 minutes, it didn't seem like they were a tough 35. I would have liked to have seen him come out at the under 8 time-out. But at least did come out early.
G
Gunk
Doesn't make much sense...but I'm sure it was a combination of things. Rose probably wanted to keep the pedal down on AF and make sure there was some senior leadership on the court. Jimmer probably didn't want to come out as he wanted to send AF a message for playing him so physically. Plus, Rose, whether he admits it or not, knows Jimmer winning POY would do wonders for his program. Gotta keep the average up.
C
CougarClaw
kitic77 wrote:
While Jimmer did play 35 minutes, it didn't seem like they were a tough 35. I would have liked to have seen him come out at the under 8 time-out. But at least did come out early.


AF was hacking Jimmer to death. He came out for a few minutes in the first half after a nasty-looking spill that had him checking out his knee. AF played the butcher tonight, and it cost them... I would have probably taken Jimmer out sooner, or at least told him to stop driving at the end to not give AF the chance to throw and 'accidental ' elbow him in the face
I
imuakahuku
I love the way Rose coaches his team. He coaches it to play with class. But he is also aware of letdowns. He wants maximum effort and the best experience that any player can get is in the game. What happens if he drops all of his starters minutes going into the tournaments. Games get tougher and they need to play more minutes. Get them used to coming out early and it could cost them a game. I like what Rose told Jimmer during the game when they were up a bunch (I think it was 25 or so), he basically said it looked like Jimmer was beginning to take it easy and Rose told him to play his hardest. Jimmer responded and the gas pedal went back to the floor.

I do agree that NPOY does play a small part in it as well. It helps out everyone if Jimmer keeps the lead and wins the award. It may not be worth him being out but when has Jimmer been injured during his career? The only thing that ever slowed him down was mono. And its very unlikely he's going to get it on the court. :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.