Archived Topic

This guy 1-upped Jake Heaps

by ThrowbackBlue · 2/9/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I don't believe everything I see. Just remember in the Jake Heaps video that it took him 2 tries to hit the shot but you only saw one of them (the one that hit the basket). If this kid was really this deadly accurate, he would be a starter in college with every NFL scout looking at him. We will never know how many attempts it took him to hit all of those shots because all we saw was the finished (cut) movie.
R
runbyu1
Regardless of how many tries it took, that was impressive. ***Dude probably spent WAY too much time on that!
B
BroncoBot
consider me impressed.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Um wow.
B
BerliNY
I don't care how many takes that took, if that's not CGI, then I am floored. Unbelievable.
B
Brayden Green
How many passing yards did he have last season?
B
byucougar1
I believe he is a Jr. Redshirt - hasn't played a down.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
byucougar1 wrote:
I believe he is a Jr. Redshirt - hasn't played a down.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


exactly.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Regardless of how many tries it took and the fact that he can't break the starting lineup, let's not take away from him the things he can do well. Props to him for entertaining us with his mad skills.
B
BroncoBot
1967cougar wrote:
Regardless of how many tries it took and the fact that he can't break the starting lineup, let's not take away from him the things he can do well. Props to him for entertaining us with his mad skills.

I don't care if he gets another passing yard, he's got my respect. The funniest part of the video is his little helper mark.
B
Brayden Green
bleh. I bet his coach is watching the video saying "Yep. That's why he's not starting..."



What he can do well? Well we don't know how well he can do that, do we? We just know that he can do it eventually, and that he has Adobe Pro.
A
Alphaleonis
My son once made four straight mid court baskets, backwards, without looking, in front of many witnesses (after a ward ball game). He missed the fifth (He says he was feeling spooky at that point.) Too bad we didn't have that on film with people walking in the backbround to prove they were consecutive. And he was not good enough to make his high school team. Just to give an example to weight Blue's comment above.



For some reason, my computer wouldn't show the video of this thread, so maybe the trick this guy did was better than making four straight no look mid court shots?
B
BroncoBot
No, I think the half court shot would be better because you could have captured it consecutively. This guy was just doing some trick "throwing. I know it doesn't relate to game time experience.



I would be equally impressed with your sons half court shots though. I never said the guy would be an amazing QB or that your son would be an amazing Bballer, and I don't think anyone is saying this guy is even better than the starter for Uconn. But it's cool that people can do stuff like this. Pure entertainment.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Sure, definitely entertaining! I wouldn't call it amazing, just a product of clearly a lot of free time, and friends that don't mind shagging the ball for you everytime you miss.



I guess they could be doing worse with their free time, at least they aren't into hard drugs etc.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Sure, definitely entertaining! I wouldn't call it amazing, just a product of clearly a lot of free time, and friends that don't mind shagging the ball for you everytime you miss.



I guess they could be doing worse with their free time, at least they aren't into hard drugs etc.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

or are they?
C
Cougarfan87
I thought it was pretty impressive, for a video. Doesn't mean he is accurate, can read defenses, can make audibles, doesn't get happy feat, etc. But at least he can do trick throws. He's got that going for him.



I once did a trick throw for my brother in law. We were in my Father in Law's front yard in Florida. He had a basketball rim on the side of the house that we could see from the front yard. I told my brother in law, bet you I can throw this football off of the backboard and make a basket. It was an angle shot, not straight on, from about twenty five yards away. He said, "Go for it." I banked it off of the backboard into the basket. I don't know. I was just feeling it. Could I do it again? Probably not. My brother in law was only mildly impressed with that sweet shot. Just goes to show that with a camera and some editing, you can make anyone look amazing.
K
kjjson
Maybe this guy should create the Harlem Globetrotters of football.
S
SpiffCoug
You know, I'm glad this guy can one up Heaps. He's like the 2nd or 3rd string QB on UConn. So while Jake is a starting QB and getting ready for opponents each week through actual practice reps, film prep, etc., this guy is wasting his time trying to bounce a football of the ground to open a door to another backup teammate.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.