Archived Topic

BYUtv to telecase the first 2 days of WCC tourney

by scott715 · 2/9/2011

Advertisement
S
scott715
What is up with that? We are not in their conference yet. Maybe we are going to become a Catholic/Mormon channel. I might actually watch a little of it.
Y
Yndian
I remember them saying when the whole independence/WCC stuff went down that there was a possibility of BYUtv broadcasting WCC conference tournaments. I guess they just decided to get a headstart, as a gesture of good faith and brotherhood.
S
stuckinbig10country
Not KBYU, but BYUtv will. This is the beginning of a partnership that was discussed when BYU decided to move basketball and other sports to the WCC. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of WCC games on BYUtv, of course when BYU isn't playing there. It's a way to get national exposure for the conference (and is something that could make us attractive if, say the Big 12 were to come calling).
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think we're leaving for the Big 12. I think the independence/WCC is a long term relationship. This is probably an act of good will to help solidify the relationship. I think it's a great move for both parties.
C
CAFB_04-12
Interesting move. Building goodwill with the WCC early is a smart thing.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
This thread is the #1 hit on Google for "byutv wcc tournament." :)
Y
YBrit
I wonder if the mtn building will watch...



dooshes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.