Archived Topic

Olive Branch to Michelle

by urroner · 2/8/2011

Advertisement
U
urroner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXAehrJCig
C
CAFB_04-12
Very nice. I guarantee a bunch of people will go to will call for the next home game saying that they're Michelle and they have two all-sports passes at will-call.
S
Schmoe
Here's my olive branch!

[img]Insert%20picture%20of%20young%20lad%20flipping%20the%20bird%20here[/img]



Self edited because I care more about being a respectful member of this community than flipping the bird to some chick who will never see it.
B
BOID
Schmoe wrote:
Here's my olive branch!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2ndDd8vBIT4/TSTvJDd-tWI/AAAAAAAAA5E/sz7-mPuRHG0//kid-flipping-bird[/im]" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Crude, but effective.

LOL



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
CougarPeasant wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).
C
CougarClaw
"she DOES know who Jimmer is right?" oh yeah. she knows...lol
C
CougarPeasant
Schmoe wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).


And a four year old doing it makes it fun and games? Sorry, it's wrong if an adult does it and even more so if it's being filtered through a four year old.



I've seen this picture on many boards, sports and non sports. It's always used to ridicule poor parenting and poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Utah State board, but am surprised to see it on a BYU board.
J
JamieVallen
I find it harmless... But I can see why it could make some people uncomfortable. Although I'll still gonna give you props for your joke Schmoe! (Just don't take my word for it, I sadly have the mouth of 5 sailors).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YBrit
If her husband ever had a time to justify what Brigham Young said about physically punishing a wife, the time would be now.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
CougarPeasant wrote:
CougarPeasant wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).


And a four year old doing it makes it fun and games? Sorry, it's wrong if an adult does it and even more so if it's being filtered through a four year old.



I've seen this picture on many boards, sports and non sports. It's always used to ridicule poor parenting and poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Utah State board, but am surprised to see it on a BYU board.

I've this picture for years. I wonder how old the boy is now and what he thinks of this. The first picture I saw of it was with him with a Manchester United jersey on.
G
Gunk
Haha...good times.
L
livin the dream
CougarPeasant wrote:
CougarPeasant wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).


And a four year old doing it makes it fun and games? Sorry, it's wrong if an adult does it and even more so if it's being filtered through a four year old.



I've seen this picture on many boards, sports and non sports. It's always used to ridicule poor parenting and poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Utah State board, but am surprised to see it on a BYU board.


I think I'm going to send a letter to the Daily Universe expressing my disgust for BYU fans using this picture...
S
Schmoe
CougarPeasant wrote:
CougarPeasant wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).


And a four year old doing it makes it fun and games? Sorry, it's wrong if an adult does it and even more so if it's being filtered through a four year old.



I've seen this picture on many boards, sports and non sports. It's always used to ridicule poor parenting and poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Utah State board, but am surprised to see it on a BYU board.


I don't hold back my feelings, I tell people exactly what I think. And this picture (a tiny F-U, if you will) essentially expresses how I feel about someone who basically calls all Jimmer fans sacrilegious sinners and idol worshipers because they have found someone that is of good report and praiseworthy, who has worked SO hard all their life and really made something of themselves while still being humble and bringing very good attention to BYU and the church. And all this because she doesn't like sports (I'm not a huge fan of art, but I can appreciate a good painting, I'm not a huge fan of ballroom, but I can appreciate a great dance performance...). This chick needs a reality check, a smack in the head if you will, and I'm the kind of person who won't hesitate to hand one out. I'm sorry that you're offended, but I am much more offended by someone implying that all of the BYU fanbase is bowing down before a golden calf than I am by a lifted finger. When people are dumb they deserve to be called out.
B
BoiseBYU
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
A little harsh there isn't it Schmoe?


Ya know, sometimes people need a pat on the head, and sometimes they need a kick in the butt. In this poster's humble opinion, there are too many people willing to give the former and not enough willing to give the latter (but seriously, its a joke. I mean, its a four-year-old for crying out loud!).


And a four year old doing it makes it fun and games? Sorry, it's wrong if an adult does it and even more so if it's being filtered through a four year old.



I've seen this picture on many boards, sports and non sports. It's always used to ridicule poor parenting and poor sportsmanship. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on a Utah State board, but am surprised to see it on a BYU board.


Yes, but WWJD?





I don't hold back my feelings, I tell people exactly what I think. And this picture (a tiny F-U, if you will) essentially expresses how I feel about someone who basically calls all Jimmer fans sacrilegious sinners and idol worshipers because they have found someone that is of good report and praiseworthy, who has worked SO hard all their life and really made something of themselves while still being humble and bringing very good attention to BYU and the church. And all this because she doesn't like sports (I'm not a huge fan of art, but I can appreciate a good painting, I'm not a huge fan of ballroom, but I can appreciate a great dance performance...). This chick needs a reality check, a smack in the head if you will, and I'm the kind of person who won't hesitate to hand one out. I'm sorry that you're offended, but I am much more offended by someone implying that all of the BYU fanbase is bowing down before a golden calf than I am by a lifted finger. When people are dumb they deserve to be called out.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
WWJD? I dunno what Jimmer would do, he'd probably shoot it from the parking lot blindfolded and *swish!*.
U
urroner
WWJD - Wild Women and Jack Daniels
J
JamieVallen
urroner wrote:
WWJD - Wild Women and Jack Daniels

I thought your post was funny but instead of using LOL I'll use, LQTM- Laugh quietly to myself
S
Schmoe
jmvcougar wrote:
WWJD - Wild Women and Jack Daniels

I thought your post was funny but instead of using LOL I'll use, LQTM- Laugh quietly to myself


That's very honest of you. I rarely believe people when they post "LOL."
C
CougarPeasant
Schmoe wrote:
I don't hold back my feelings, I tell people exactly what I think. And this picture (a tiny F-U, if you will) essentially expresses how I feel about someone who basically calls all Jimmer fans sacrilegious sinners and idol worshipers because they have found someone that is of good report and praiseworthy, who has worked SO hard all their life and really made something of themselves while still being humble and bringing very good attention to BYU and the church. And all this because she doesn't like sports (I'm not a huge fan of art, but I can appreciate a good painting, I'm not a huge fan of ballroom, but I can appreciate a great dance performance...). This chick needs a reality check, a smack in the head if you will, and I'm the kind of person who won't hesitate to hand one out. I'm sorry that you're offended, but I am much more offended by someone implying that all of the BYU fanbase is bowing down before a golden calf than I am by a lifted finger. When people are dumb they deserve to be called out.


She got her come uppance, which was well deserved. Her letter went national because of the responses posted on her FB wall and hopefully she'll learn to keep her opinions to herself in the future. I read most of the posts and many were hilarious and creative, but never personal. She comes across as a self-righteous busy body, but she is a BYU student and wrote in a forum that abides by BYU standards, so any rebuke should be held to that level of respect. No reason to add insult to injury since I seriously doubt you'd drop the F-bomb on her in public. ANd yes, I agree with much of what you said in that she had it coming to her.



I'm not offended, but just feel that it's an inappropriate response for this forum and for what she said. As my dad used to say, "if you're going to tell someone to go to Hell, do it in a way that they look forward to the trip."
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.