Archived Topic

5 Conference Leaders

by ctcoug · 2/7/2011

Advertisement
C
ctcoug
Anyone else notice that right now BYU has beaten 5 teams that are currently atop their conference standings. Not too shabby.



Arizona

Utah St.

UTEP

St. Mary's

Vermont
C
CougarClaw
That's an awesome stat.



Make that 6 if you include SDSU,
V
vancouvercougar
CougarClaw wrote:
That's an awesome stat.



Make that 6 if you include SDSU,


Make that 7 if you count BYU--we beat ourselves vs NM.
S
SpiffCoug
And Buffalo is 1/2 game behind their conference leader. Buffalo is 6-3 in conference and Kent St leads the MAC at 6-2.
M
Metal Bubba
I did notice that on Sunday morning, but I missed Vermont. Wow. That's pretty good stuff, Somebody pass that along to the selection committee!
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Nice find ctcoug. Pretty amazing stat. I'd bet that no one is even close to beating as many conference leaders.
M
mizzoucoug
Very impressive. Much like the football team this season...finally the teams we schedule that are supposed to up our SOS are actually doing it!
C
Cougs_Rule
Oh, but if only BYU could play and beat a team out of the Pig 10 or the Beasty East--then, then they would be worthy!!
G
gmj81
Here's another argument I love...



"Who has BYU played? Nobody really. At least SDSU has beat a team like Gonzaga." This was said even just a few weeks ago. I just love it when people base their perceptions off of preseason rankings/predictions and never update their "file" once the season starts. Now BYU has beat the following ranked teams or teams receiving votes:



#6/6 SDSU

#15/16 Arizona

#21/17 Utah State

#30/23 Saint Mary's

39/33 UCLA

#40/41 UNLV (x2)

#42/NR CSU

#43/36 UTEP



...not to mention all the conference leaders as previously mentioned. Yet people still call out schedule into question. I love when people use/cite the RPI only when it supports their touting of a "big 6" team but reference its "flaws" when the "mid-majors" somehow wind up with a high number.



Meanwhile the MWC goobers a.k.a BYU haters who were using the same argument to diminish BYU's schedule were touting SDSU's schedule as being much tougher; the same SDSU who has only beaten the aforementioned Saint Mary's, UNLV and CSU teams.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.