Archived Topic

Super Bowl Favorites

by vancouvercougar · 2/5/2011

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?



I'm pulling for Pittsburg because I like Keisel & Hoke. Poppinga from Green Bay won't be playing.
S
Schmoe
Love the beard, I'm sick of hearing about Aaron Rodgers (hate how they give the QB credit for team success in general), and if the Steelers won, I think we'd be done hearing about the great and amazing NE dynasty, which would be nice.
U
urroner
vancouvercougar wrote:
Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?



I'm pulling for Pittsburg because I like Keisel & Hoke. Poppinga from Green Bay won't be playing.


I'm afraid that since neither team is a favorite of mine, I have to agree with you van. Man, agreeing with you left a nasty taste in my mouth, or would that be grimy fingers since I had to type this. :P :P



Tomorrow, I'm a Steeler man.
V
vancouvercougar
urroner wrote:
Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?



I'm pulling for Pittsburg because I like Keisel & Hoke. Poppinga from Green Bay won't be playing.


I'm afraid that since neither team is a favorite of mine, I have to agree with you van. Man, agreeing with you left a nasty taste in my mouth, or would that be grimy fingers since I had to type this. :P :P



Tomorrow, I'm a Steeler man.


You and I agree more often than not--especially when BYU is involved.
U
urroner
vancouvercougar wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?



I'm pulling for Pittsburg because I like Keisel & Hoke. Poppinga from Green Bay won't be playing.


I'm afraid that since neither team is a favorite of mine, I have to agree with you van. Man, agreeing with you left a nasty taste in my mouth, or would that be grimy fingers since I had to type this. :P :P



Tomorrow, I'm a Steeler man.


You and I agree more often than not--especially when BYU is involved.


A fact you probably wouldn't want to make known is that you and I probably agree on a lot more than that, especially about my good looks...or the lack thereof.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Green Bay.



Always been a Rogers fan, even back at Cal. I'm just glad that the rest of the world is finally catching on that the boy can flat out fling it.
D
Ddawg
I like Clay Matthews - I went to high school with his Dad. But - I've been a Steeler guy for 20 years - I gotta hang w/ my team!! Go Steelers!!! (Though I am not a Ben Roethlisberger fan).



Final - Steelers 27, Packers 24
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Green Bay.



Always been a Rogers fan, even back at Cal. I'm just glad that the rest of the world is finally catching on that the boy can flat out fling it.


No doubt. I think Green Bay has the better QB & better receiver corps collectively. But, my heart is with Pittsburgh. It should be a whale of a game!! Did Green Bay make a good call letting Favre go or what?? Very unpopular & many questioned it, but with 20/20 hindsight - a brilliant move.
S
SpiffCoug
I find it interesting that both Roethlisberger and Rodgers were disappointed with where they were taken in the 1st round (thought they should have gone higher). But I'm not sure if looking back now, they'd trade with any of the QBs taken ahead of them.



2005:

1st QB - #1 overall - Alex Smith

2nd QB - #24 overall - Aaron Rodgers



2004:

1st QB - #1 overall - Eli Manning

2nd QB - #4 overall - Philip Rivers

3rd QB - #11 overall - Ben Roethlisberger
S
stuckinbig10country
kitic77 wrote:
I find it interesting that both Roethlisberger and Rodgers were disappointed with where they were taken in the 1st round (thought they should have gone higher). But I'm not sure if looking back now, they'd trade with any of the QBs taken ahead of them.



2005:

1st QB - #1 overall - Alex Smith

2nd QB - #24 overall - Aaron Rodgers



2004:

1st QB - #1 overall - Eli Manning

2nd QB - #4 overall - Philip Rivers

3rd QB - #11 overall - Ben Roethlisberger


I thought Roethlisberger was much later in the first round. Like 30th or something.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
A great game. Aaron Rodgers is a superstar. I'm a Steeler guy - but I have a load of respect for that Packer team!! Wow! What a good game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.