Archived Topic

Willis = slow learner...

by ABYUFAN · 2/5/2011

Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....


"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
CannonCougar85
When I first saw this headline I thought "Oh wow, Willis got arrested for assault again."



Tre'von Willis is not very bright. Jimmer outscores Willis and has more assists. The one thing Tre'von has that Jimmer doesn't is a mouth that doesn't shut.
V
vancouvercougar
ABYUFAN wrote:
He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....


"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Evidently they aint got no english language classes at UNLV.
C
Cougs_Rule
[quote="ABYUFAN"]He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....



[quote]"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."[/quote]



Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]



Arent you being a little tough on Willis = slow learner? Thats a little culturally insensitive to expect him to learn something. I mean c'mon, four years of a college education and he still [don't] want to learn proper grammar. I don't expect him to get double negatives, thats really a graduate school concept.

oh, and, I think the media have misquoted him. I'm guessing Willis [don't] use apostrophes neither.
B
Brayden Green
"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


What is funny about this quote, is it is already being translated into english or "journalism speak".



It looks weird to us, because we speak and talk "english" as Americans speak it. But if you put it like it came out, it doesn't seem so bad. It would be properly transcribed as such:


Wha peopo don realize is, hedonwannapass tha baw. Hedonwannageno assiys.

He wanna shoot the baw eversingletime. You thinkee wanna pass it, you're wrong.
Advertisement
U
urroner
ABYUFAN wrote:
He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....


"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Here let me give the correct quote:



"What people don't realize is he supposedly don't want to pass the ball. He don't supposedly want to get no assists. He wants to supposedly shoot the ball every single time. If you think he supposedly wants to pass it, then you're supposedly wrong."
Y
YBrit
I think it's Willis's Irish background that makes him a total doosh (spelling from the office)
S
Schmoe
YBrit wrote:
I think it's Willis's Irish background that makes him a total doosh (spelling from the office)


Hahahaha, I hate Gabe so much!
S
storminmormon
I missed it, but supposedly Jimmer was staring down Tre'von repeatedly toward the end of the game (per Wrubell). I love it.
S
stuckinbig10country
Tre'von was right about Jimmer being a ballhog, for one play. When he demanded the ball back from Emery and then drove through the whole team for a layup. Other than that, he was very much a team player tonight.
Advertisement
Y
Yndian
Jimmer just told Greg Wrubell he actually didn't hear what Tre'Von said before the game about assists; he just wanted to beat UNLV really badly.
G
Gunk
BlueIsBetter wrote:
"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


What is funny about this quote, is it is already being translated into english or "journalism speak".



It looks weird to us, because we speak and talk "english" as Americans speak it. But if you put it like it came out, it doesn't seem so bad. It would be properly transcribed as such:


Wha peopo don realize is, hedonwannapass tha baw. Hedonwannageno assiys.

He wanna shoot the baw eversingletime. You thinkee wanna pass it, you're wrong.


LOL!!!!
B
BroncoBot
I think that Jimmer knew exactly what Willis said. Otherwise the stare down at the end (especially after an assist) don't make no sense.
Y
Yndian
Unless you just factor in the animosity they have had towards each other all year.
G
Gunk
declocoug wrote:
I think that Jimmer knew exactly what Willis said. Otherwise the stare down at the end (especially after an assist) don't make no sense.


They don't like each other. My guess is what Willis has said in public is nothing compared to what he's said to Jimmer on the court. I'm sure Jimmer has heard it. It's one thing thought o talk trash on the court, it's another to do it in the newspaper.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Gunk wrote:
I think that Jimmer knew exactly what Willis said. Otherwise the stare down at the end (especially after an assist) don't make no sense.


They don't like each other. My guess is what Willis has said in public is nothing compared to what he's said to Jimmer on the court. I'm sure Jimmer has heard it. It's one thing thought o talk trash on the court, it's another to do it in the newspaper.


Unfortunately for Choker, it is another thing to back that trash talk up, and he lives up to his namesake.
B
BoiseBYU
Last game Tre-hyphenated-Von Willis saw Jimmer put up 39 points and dish out five assists, totalling 49 points. This time Tre-hyphenated-Von Willis saw Jimmer put up 29 and dish out 7 assists, totalling 43 points.
B
BoiseBYU
ABYUFAN wrote:
He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....


"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Technically, Tre-hyphenated-Von Willis is correct: Jimmer not wanting to get no assists means he does want to get assists and that is what happened...Willis is a better analyst than we thought!
H
HoosierCougar
BoiseBYU wrote:
He's still bagging on Jimmer... but the best is this gem....


"What people don't realize is he don't want to pass the ball. He don't want to get no assists. He wants to shoot the ball every single time. If you think he wants to pass it, then you're wrong."


Hmmm... Apparantly Jimmer's mad as hell that he's got around 40 more assists than Willis this year... he just didn't want to do any of those... :roll:





http://www.lvrj.com/sports/defensive-willis-eyes-revenge-115356549.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Technically, Tre-hyphenated-Von Willis is correct: Jimmer not wanting to get no assists means he does want to get assists and that is what happened...Willis is a better analyst than we thought!


Unfortunately for Willis, the sentences before and after the double negative give context to his intent. This is also of concern to the UNLV English faculty who hoped to capitalize on the double negative thing to showcase their competence as educators. :blush:



At the end of the day Fredette finished with 7 Assists and 29 Points on 6 of 14 shooting and 16 of 16 free throws, while Willis had 3 Assists and 15 Points on 3 of 11 shooting and 7 of 8 from the stripe, leaving everyone to say "Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis??" :P



Can't claim the Arnold Jackson reference as my own, but I can pass it along. Source is from GH via CG's facebook page.
J
jonnylingo
I was flying into slc yesterday evening and saw the whole unlv team right as I got off my flight. I trying to get tre's attention but he had his hoodie over his head with his ipod in. I was hoping he would catch a glimpse of me making the choking sign. I know I am classless, I can admit it, but he deserves it.



If I were close enough to him i would have said he trey supposedly you just got jimmered, again! What a punk.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.