Archived Topic

CSU Giving SDSU all they can handle

by Gunk · 2/3/2011

Advertisement
G
Gunk
SDSU leads by two in the final min. CSU could pull off a win.



I wouldn't mind a CSU win. It gives us some breathing room and adds validity to the rest of the conference. CSU wins and the MWC isn't just BYU and SDSU.
Y
YBrit
Man I really wanted that CS win. Dang it. BYU may have to play their best game of the season at the gambling arena.











Also, off topic, since we lost at the Pit (questionable) could we trade off the loss by removing jan and gunther from the twitter updates?
U
Ungoy
Seriously with the JanandGunther tweets. They post the most irrelevant and retarded things on their twitter, and rarely anything sports related.
C
CougarDog
While watching the end of the SDSU-CSU game, I had mixed feelings. I initially rooted for CSU since we are tied with SDSU for the MWC. Then it dawned on me that the best thing for BYU from a selection committee standpoint is for SDSU to remain as highly ranked as possible. A loss by SDSU helps us in the MWC race, but actually hurts the quality of our win vs. SDSU. I believe the best scenario is for SDSU to win out, except of course for the rematch with BYU. (Although even if SDSU wins the rematch with BYU, look how good our win last week will look to the committee...) If we're really chasing a high seed, we need SDSU to do well.
G
Gunk
CougarDog wrote:
While watching the end of the SDSU-CSU game, I had mixed feelings. I initially rooted for CSU since we are tied with SDSU for the MWC. Then it dawned on me that the best thing for BYU from a selection committee standpoint is for SDSU to remain as highly ranked as possible. A loss by SDSU helps us in the MWC race, but actually hurts the quality of our win vs. SDSU. I believe the best scenario is for SDSU to win out, except of course for the rematch with BYU. (Although even if SDSU wins the rematch with BYU, look how good our win last week will look to the committee...) If we're really chasing a high seed, we need SDSU to do well.


You sure about that? If CSU beat SDSU CSU's stock goes up. Two wins against CSU and two wins against SDSU would look pretty nice for the committee. It shows the MWC isn't a conference full of cupcakes and that BYU didn't just spend it's regular season beating up on bottom feeders.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.