Archived Topic

Law of Supply and Demand

by EM_Puma · 2/2/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Well apparently BYU has been highly bugged with the Jimmer craze that they have not capitalized monetarily. Last week after the SDSU game I bought single tickets to the UNLV and Utah games for my son and I trying to get ahead of the game as I was sure the next games would sell out, especially with those teams coming to town. I was successful.



I won't be able to attend the CSU game, but my son and I bought tickets this morning for the last two home games vs New Mexico and Wyoming. I was shocked when the $5 tickets were now $10. Granted, I'm not complaining to the scale of the price because $10 is still a good deal to me and frankly $5 was less than a lot of combo meals. Still I was surprised because in the past, only the Utah game demanded doubling the price of the cheap seats, but I figured they felt that the NM was a big attraction and maybe the price had been at $10 all season. Then I went and did the same for Wyoming and when I saw the Utah game prices for a Wyoming ticket, it dawned on me that Holmoe didn't like the price of scalped tickets lately as he was only getting $5 cut on the deal while those tickets have been selling for $25 to $50. So I'm now having to pay double what I would have had to pay last week.



I have little doubt that the remaining games of the season will be sold out. It's been a good year at the boxoffice.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.