Archived Topic

Jimmer = Tebow?

by Schmoe · 1/29/2011

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Obviously I'm not talking about personality, size, personal life, etc. But all the media attention that Jimmer is getting this year reminds me of the Tebow-mania we saw his senior year. So, what do you think, has Jimmer reached Tebow status in the media (considering where we are in the season and all)?
C
Cougs_Rule
Tebow was getting the love his soph season and it just continued, so probably not. Jimmer is a Sr season phenom.

Although, similarities get stronger when considering the jump to the pros. Tebow has a so-so arm. Jimmer has so-so defense--or at least that is the weakness scouts mention.

So, some validity to what you are suggesting, imo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
benchwarmer
That's EXACTLY what I've been thinking. You can't watch a game without a mention of Jimmer somewhere in there...just like the media's love for Tebow. And I also LOOOVE them both, so I'm fine with that comparison. :)
G
Gunk
Sort of. Jimmer's status in the media right now is delicate. The media had latched onto Tebow much sooner than they latched onto Jimmer. On a national perspective Jimmer's notoriety is just beginning. Should Jimmer get injured, have a significant drop in production or the team suddenly rack up losses then the media will quickly divorce itself from Jimmer.



Tebow's media presence could take a hit or two. Jimmer's, not so much.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.