Archived Topic

Games almost sold out

by jonnylingo · 1/28/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Just went to buy csu and wyoming tickets. crummy seats in upper bowl are all that is left.
Y
Y 4 Ever
I just bought tickets to every remaining home game that I didn't already have. Upper bowl it is - but at least chairs and not benches. Get yours while you still can!
C
Cougarbib
Selling out every remaining home game for fans to get Jimmered would be an appropriate wrapper for the special gift fans have been given this year.
G
Guest
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Selling out every remaining home game for fans to get Jimmered would be an appropriate wrapper for the special gift fans have been given this year.


Jimmer already has a rapper, TJ.
Y
YBrit
I'm glad to hear this "problem" Selling out all the conf. home games must be quite a crazy environment to see. Nobody does exciting openers better than BYU.



If they are selling out, they should dump the stupid band and get extra seats, extra yelling, and extra posters that way.
Advertisement
U
urroner
YBrit wrote:
If they are selling out, they should dump the stupid band and get extra seats, extra yelling, and extra posters that way.


GRRRRRRR!!!!



I was in the band when i went to the Y and we were the loudest section in the arena, even when we weren't playing and we had some great cheers. One that always got us big frowns, but many thought it was funny was "Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit. BYU, you are it."
Y
Y 4 Ever
urroner wrote:
If they are selling out, they should dump the stupid band and get extra seats, extra yelling, and extra posters that way.


GRRRRRRR!!!!



I was in the band when i went to the Y and we were the loudest section in the arena, even when we weren't playing and we had some great cheers. One that always got us big frowns, but many thought it was funny was "Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit. BYU, you are it."


Not to worry, they can set the band up with a special section right behind the visiting bench.
B
billbillbillbill
I've had my negative thoughts about the Marching Band and football but I have always liked the band playing at Basketball. Maybe it is the frequency of time outs that seems to just work.



I just wish they could move the cameras to the other side of the arena where there are natural pockets for them so that a few hundred more students could sit in the middle upper section.
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:

I was in the band when i went to the Y and we were the loudest section in the arena...


It's easy to be loud when you have a tuba :lol:
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
YBrit wrote:

I was in the band when i went to the Y and we were the loudest section in the arena...


It's easy to be loud when you have a tuba :lol:


And I was the second loudest tubist/sousaphonist in the band. The loudest was a young lady who stood no higher than 5' 2". She could play a wicked tuba. The tuba was as big as she was.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
urroner wrote:
urroner wrote:

I was in the band when i went to the Y and we were the loudest section in the arena...


It's easy to be loud when you have a tuba :lol:


And I was the second loudest tubist/sousaphonist in the band. The loudest was a young lady who stood no higher than 5' 2". She could play a wicked tuba. The tuba was as big as she was.

I will probably take heat for dropping names and pimping myself up to impress, but I played the Sousa back in the day and my youngest son loves his Tuba. And because of where I sat and who my son sat with I know several Tuba players. The 5'2" ones in Hawaii are usually Asian. In fact all of them but my son were Asian.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wickchad
urroner wrote:



I was in the band when i went to the Y


That explains a lot...
U
urroner
Wickchad84087 wrote:



I was in the band when i went to the Y


That explains a lot...


Ahhh, maybe next time, I won't say that so loudly. :blush: :~(
S
Schmoe
urroner wrote:
urroner wrote:



I was in the band when i went to the Y


That explains a lot...


Ahhh, maybe next time, I won't say that so loudly. :blush: :~(


Did the band sit on a brontosaurus' back on gameday back then? ;)
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:



I was in the band when i went to the Y


That explains a lot...


Ahhh, maybe next time, I won't say that so loudly. :blush: :~(


Did the band sit on a brontosaurus' back on gameday back then? ;)


Gee Schmoe, thanks. Do you really think I'm look that advanced on the evolutionary scale?



http://www.alexross.com/TW1128-Rock-Stars.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
That's right, I'm a disrespectful young punk!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.