Archived Topic

BYU/SDSU Marriot Center Attendance

by fallball · 1/27/2011

Advertisement
F
fallball
I've heard many different estimates mentioned in passing on the different networks about the attendance on last night's game. Does anyone know the real number?
C
CannonCougar85
As far as I know capacity is 22,700 and it was a sellout so I assume it was 22,700. It sure looked like it from where I was sitting.
F
fallball
But I also heard that there was more than capicity...just curious...
S
SpiffCoug
http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Official box score only lists a sellout and attendace as 22700. I thought I heard them announce it as more than 23000 as some point last night.
M
Mythranor
Towards the end of the game, the announcers in the Marriott Center said 22,700.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Wouldn't announcing that a crowd of 23000 make the Fire Marshall anxious to start handing out fines? I'm pretty sure that some dudes snuck in AFTER the place was filled to overflowing.
M
Mythranor
I wouldn't be surprised about that.
S
Schmoe
I remember at one of the games last year they let in a bunch of standing-room only students, I bet they did that again this year without mentioning it to the good 'ole fire marshall.
S
SpiffCoug
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.
U
urroner
kitic77 wrote:
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.


Kitic, I believe you are right, as usual. The auditorium can be filled to the brim, 27,200 people, but there has to also be in the building up to probably a thousand more for support and that's all written into the fire code.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
urroner wrote:
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.


Kitic, I believe you are right, as usual. The auditorium can be filled to the brim, 27,200 people, but there has to also be in the building up to probably a thousand more for support and that's all written into the fire code.

I know. It's a curse, I've borne most of my life. :crazy: 8)
U
urroner
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.


Kitic, I believe you are right, as usual. The auditorium can be filled to the brim, 27,200 people, but there has to also be in the building up to probably a thousand more for support and that's all written into the fire code.

I know. It's a curse, I've borne most of my life. :crazy: 8)


And you bear it so humbly. :crazy:
S
SpiffCoug
urroner wrote:
urroner wrote:
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.


Kitic, I believe you are right, as usual. The auditorium can be filled to the brim, 27,200 people, but there has to also be in the building up to probably a thousand more for support and that's all written into the fire code.

I know. It's a curse, I've borne most of my life. :crazy: 8)


And you bear it so humbly. :crazy:

We're two of the same. I have my always right curse and you have your stunning good looks.
U
urroner
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
I bet the seating capacity and fire marshal capacity aren't the same number and that the fire code number is probably higher.


Kitic, I believe you are right, as usual. The auditorium can be filled to the brim, 27,200 people, but there has to also be in the building up to probably a thousand more for support and that's all written into the fire code.

I know. It's a curse, I've borne most of my life. :crazy: 8)


And you bear it so humbly. :crazy:

We're two of the same. I have my always right curse and you have your stunning good looks.


:blush: :blush: :gross: :gross:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.