Archived Topic

Great Article on CBS Sports

by urroner · 1/27/2011

Advertisement
U
urroner
'Jimmer Show' a big hit that leaves fans wanting more - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14606036/jimmer-show-a-big-hit-that-leaves-fans-wanting-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



He talked about fans milling about the MC an hour after the game, hoping to get a glimpse of the Jimmer, but he didn't show.



One nice quote and an interesting sideline in the article.



Quote:
We started back in November talking about Duke and whether the Blue Devils can repeat, then spent some time on Kyrie Irving's toe. Kemba Walker has garnered headlines. Jared Sullinger has demanded our attention. But as I type late Wednesday with a box score from BYU's 71-58 victory against San Diego State to my left, there is no denying this has turned into The Year of The Jimmer.


Interesting sideline:
Considering Durant put 47 on Minnesota on Wednesday, I'll agree with Fredette and go with Durant. But the point remains the same. The reigning NBA scoring champion provided a remarkable performance in an overtime victory, then took to Tweeting about a 6-foot-2 guard from the MWC. Meantime, Chelsey Erickson was waiting around to get her picture taken with Fredette. She was obviously pregnant and wearing a shirt that read, "My baby is due today but I couldn't miss Jimmer beat SDSU!"



"I was in a really important meeting at work today and I saw her calling," said Chelsey's husband, Rand Erickson. "So I stepped out of the meeting because I thought she might be going into labor."



Turns out, Chelsey was fine.



She was just calling to say she wanted to go to the game.



A friend suggested she should try to get Fredette to sign her belly.



"I don't care how good he is, he's not touching my wife's belly," Rand said, and so now we know there's something Fredette can't do. He can't touch Chelsey Erickson's belly, at least not while Rand Erickson is watching.


http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/basketball/college/img14606112.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Now there's a true woman. :love: :love: :love:
G
Guest
As a wheel of time fan too, I love the fact that the husband's name is Rand.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
As a wheel of time fan too, I love the fact that the husband's name is Rand.


Me too, hahaha.



Bloody light! That was a good game!
A
Alphaleonis
Wheel of Time fan here too. Post on their chat sites too under the same name. Have read WOT three times (All 14 vols.)
G
Guest
Alphaleonis wrote:
Wheel of Time fan here too. Post on their chat sites too under the same name. Have read WOT three times (All 14 vols.)


Rookie! ;)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
He's got to be Rand. He's crazy like him. Why wouldn't you let Jimmer sign the shirt?
Y
Y 4 Ever
kitic77 wrote:
He's got to be Rand. He's crazy like him. Why wouldn't you let Jimmer sign the shirt?


I don't think it was the shirt that they were talking about. I'm thinking they were talking about a bare-bellied signing!



Even Rand would have a hard time accepting that. Mat would be ok with it though.
R
radius19
That is hilarious!!! This couple was in me and my wife's first married ward. Cool couple. For halloween they dressed up like Sarah Palin and John Mccain. His arms were way too normal to pull of mccain but she was a decent sarah palin.

He's a die hard fan if I remember correctly and so is she
S
SpiffCoug
Good point. I'd hate for Perrin to smell the jealousy of Rand and then have strike Rand down with his axe when Rand goes after Jimmer with Callandor for trying to defile his bonded wife.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.