Archived Topic

SI Jimmer Article

by billbillbillbill · 1/25/2011

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Uh oh. The SI curse?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
He isn't on the cover is he? Oh wait...he, or a cartoon of him, already was...
C
CougarPeasant
Well worth the read. There was another article that talked about how to defend him. I really think the only defense against Jimmer is when his shot is off.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Did I miss something at the game or what?



"Even Fredette's victims find him hard to resist. After Fredette scored 49 points at Arizona last season, Wildcats coach Sean Miller didn't shake his hand; he gave him a hug. Utah fans gave him an ovation as he left the court after his virtuoso performance earlier this month[/b]."



I hadn't seen both of them [Utah Fans] standing at the Huntsman when Jimmer left the court, I must have missed them.



In seriousness, I saw us BYU fans applauding, but none of the Ute fans around me were and when he came back into the game at the 3 minute mark they all booed incesantly him every time he got the ball. I think someone was spinning just a bit of an ol' yarn in that article.
B
BerliNY
EM_Puma wrote:
Did I miss something at the game or what?



"Even Fredette's victims find him hard to resist. After Fredette scored 49 points at Arizona last season, Wildcats coach Sean Miller didn't shake his hand; he gave him a hug. Utah fans gave him an ovation as he left the court after his virtuoso performance earlier this month[/b]."



I hadn't seen both of them [Utah Fans] standing at the Huntsman when Jimmer left the court, I must have missed them.



In seriousness, I saw us BYU fans applauding, but none of the Ute fans around me were and when he came back into the game at the 3 minute mark they all booed incesantly him every time he got the ball. I think someone was spinning just a bit of an ol' yarn in that article.


The AZ fans gave him an ovation last season when he dropped 49 on them, but I've read multiple sources that made a point of saying that U 'fans' didn't. Maybe Rose put him back in a few minutes later so they could have a second chance, but alas.
I
IowaCougar
The picture of Jimmer slapping hands with fans after the Utah game included at least one Utah fan (red sleeve). I imagine there were some real fans there that appreciated the performance.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.