Archived Topic

SDSU - BYU demand overwhelms ticket office

by CougarClaw · 1/25/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I'll post pictures later today, but BYU was hoping to hand out 1000 wristbands between noon and 5pm today to All-sports Pass holders.



At 9 am there was 250 people in line.

At 10:30 ticket office called Provo Police and said "help!"

At noon there were easily 2000 people in line and they're still giving them out as of today



This is despite a morning snow storm and massive amounts of line cutting or "spot saving for your friends". I'll post pictures and a short movie later, but needless to say, it was quite the morning at the Marriott Center. I saw at least 3 reporters and plenty of police.



Wild man! this is going to be a GAME!
Y
YBrit
The one thing I hated about MC games is damn line hoppers. I did it myself a time or two. But ugly nerdy guys save spots for hot cool girls that don't even give a shiz about games and we end up with them and their douche bag fanny pack collar popping home boys on the front rows in their green and red V collar shirts. BYU will never have an intimidating student section in any sport. So please o please MC give out white shirts and ante up the money to make this game special.
T
ThrowbackBlue
YBrit wrote:
The one thing I hated about MC games is damn line hoppers. I did it myself a time or two. But ugly nerdy guys save spots for hot cool girls that don't even give a shiz about games and we end up with them and their douche bag fanny pack collar popping home boys on the front rows in their green and red V collar shirts. BYU will never have an intimidating student section in any sport. So please o please MC give out white shirts and ante up the money to make this game special.


I personally think the Bball student section is great and the wrong color wearing, v neck/popped collar guys are few and far between in the MC, especially in the first few rows. I've been sitting in the first few rows in the middle of the student section for the last 7 years (no, I'm not a 7 year student, I graduated in 07). The guys in those seats all know each other and are absolutely rabid fans. Although a few hot girls get mixed in with the regulars on occasion, those first few rows represent the student section extremely well and most the guys there are regulars for every game. (there's even a weekly spreadsheet emailed between the group to coordinate and organize seating for every home game)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
Just finished editing this and uploading it.



Nice of it to start blizzarding as we were waiting in line. Maybe you'll see someone you know.



Anything for Jimmer TIme people!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOyt7ZtfV4
G
Guest
That's a lot of people in line. And to think, it would have filled the CSU arena completely.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.