Archived Topic

Steve Nash is Fredette-like

by Yndian · 1/25/2011

Advertisement
Y
Yndian
I'm watching the Suns-Sixers game, and Steve Nash hit a 37-footer and the Suns TV guy said "He's like Jimmer Fredette. He's got Jimmer Fredette range."



:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
B
BroncoBot
Yndian wrote:
I'm watching the Suns-Sixers game, and Steve Nash hit a 37-footer and the Suns TV guy said "He's like Jimmer Fredette. He's got Jimmer Fredette range."



:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

That's rich. I can't believe how well Fredette has played this year.
K
kiwibacon
So an NBA player looks like a college player? :bug: Is that a compliment for both players or only a compliment for the college player...or is it a compliment to the NBA player. I got myself all confused now. :blush:
I
IowaCougar
WOW. Jimmer's become part of the national language. It's especially impressive given the limited TV exposure. Credit ESPN for featuring Jimmer's performances despite the games being shown on other networks.
F
frdbtr
In all the years I have followed basketball, I am not sure I have ever seen a player that has the range that Fredette has. He seems to be able to shoot from anywhere on the floor and do it in a relaxed, accurate way. yes, it is a compliment to Jimmer that he is being compared to Nash but Nash does not have the range that Fredette has on his shot.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
frdbtr wrote:
In all the years I have followed basketball, I am not sure I have ever seen a player that has the range that Fredette has. He seems to be able to shoot from anywhere on the floor and do it in a relaxed, accurate way. yes, it is a compliment to Jimmer that he is being compared to Nash but Nash does not have the range that Fredette has on his shot.

I think the real compliment is that Fredette isn't being compared to Nash, but Nash is being compared to Fredette. How often do you see a pro being complimented by comparing him to a college player?
S
scott715
Reggie Miller had that kind of range.
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
Reggie Miller had that kind of range.


Oh yeah, forgot about him. Dude had ridiculous range.
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
Reggie Miller had that kind of range.


Reggie was a great 3 point shooter and had probably the quickest release of anyone in the history of the nba (Larry Bird included) but I don't remember him shooting from 35 and 40 feet out on a regular basis like he was taking a normal jump shot. That half court 3 that Jimmer hit against utah looked like a normal jump shot with no strain. His other 35 footers all look like he is just shooting in practice. The only other guy I can remember in the NBA that didn't seem to strain on really long 3's was Dan Majerle and he wasn't nearly as accurate as Jimmer at that distance, his shot was too flat.
B
Brayden Green
Andrei Kirilenko THINKS he has that kind of range...
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Andrei Kirilenko THINKS he has that kind of range...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So sad, but very true.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.