Archived Topic

BYU SDSU Predictions

by jonnylingo · 1/24/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I predict we lose by 5.



My heart and gut say we win, but my brain says we lose. I think the lack of dept in the frontcourt is really bothering me.



BYU has a great shot to really shoot into territory where byu basketball rarely goes if they win. Hope jimmer and jax come out blazing and our big guys can stay out of foul trouble.



Prove me wrong boys. Make me a believer!
G
Guest
I think we win by 12.
R
radius19
Think it's going to be tight and if jimmer is feeling it, I doubt foul trouble plays any role in the game. Cougs by 4-5.
J
jonnylingo
radius19 wrote:
Think it's going to be tight and if jimmer is feeling it, I doubt foul trouble plays any role in the game. Cougs by 4-5.


I agree. If Jimmer and Jax are shooting on all cylinders it wouldn't matter if we were only playing with three players on the floor.



Hope that is the case. If it is, Hawk's prediction may be more realistic.
C
Cougs_Rule
If Jimmer and jax are shooting well, we win by double digits.

If they find a way to shut down Jimmer or jimmer is cold, we might lose by 5 or more, unless kyle has a big game. I already expect davies and noah to be limited in points bc of foul trouble.
Advertisement
B
blue42
This will be a game Jimmer will need to score 30+ points at home instead of the road. I still think BYU by double digits, 14.



I hope Jimmer doesn't play like he has after his previous 40 point games, didn't play very well against AF at home and didn't even play last year after AZ game.
J
jonnylingo
If our bigs are in foul trouble, we lose absent an incredible outing by jimmer and jax.



did you see how we stalled when both were out against csu? I mean even when jimmer and jax are hot, magnussen and anderson are seriously bad and when they are both on the court together, not even michael jordan could carry a team to a win with the talent sdsu has.



That is why my prediction is what it is. i expect our bigs to get in foul trouble given the size and talent sdsu has down low. we are simply lacking in a major way in depth at the center and forward spot. losing c collinsworth was a big deal. having him would have made a huge difference in games like this and in the tournament.
S
sandiegoblue
I think that since this is a home game, we will receive a little better treatment from the refs with fouls called on the bigs than we did at CSU.



I also think Jimmer will go high 20s and that we will get some balanced scoring from the starting 5.



I think we pull this one out by 6-10 points.
I
IowaCougar
This may sound off-base, but I think Anderson gets some significant playing time, if for no other reason than to clog up the middle and do some hacking when necessary. If SDSU shoots their usual poor free throws, this could get them out of any kind of rhythm. This would also save some playing time for Hartsock and Davies, allowing them to be more productive when they are in. How's that for crazy? :crazy: BYU by 6.
B
beauso79
Abouo my have to see some minutes at the 4 this game. I think he's got the athleticism to hold his own down there and we'll probably need it. Hopefully Rose gets him some work down low. Magnusson has been putrid as of late, we really need him to take a step forward this game. Anderson hasn't been that bad but he's a liability on offense. One other thing I don't get is why Rose doesn't play Rogers more. He's got length and plays decent defense in the post. He's a much better option than Magnusson in my opinion. Losing CC sucks, whether he needed to be red-shirted or not, we were a better team with him.
Advertisement
C
clemdiggitydog1
IowaCougar wrote:
This may sound off-base, but I think Anderson gets some significant playing time, if for no other reason than to clog up the middle and do some hacking when necessary. If SDSU shoots their usual poor free throws, this could get them out of any kind of rhythm. This would also save some playing time for Hartsock and Davies, allowing them to be more productive when they are in. How's that for crazy? :crazy: BYU by 6.

crazy like a fox, that kinda crazy; I for one agree that Anderson will be called on to hack-it-up, and that Abouo will also play a significant role with his big body,and that KC will also play big for us against the Spaztecs, just like he did vs. Zona, another hyper-athletic team we dispatched.
I
imuakahuku
clemdiggitydog1 wrote:
This may sound off-base, but I think Anderson gets some significant playing time, if for no other reason than to clog up the middle and do some hacking when necessary. If SDSU shoots their usual poor free throws, this could get them out of any kind of rhythm. This would also save some playing time for Hartsock and Davies, allowing them to be more productive when they are in. How's that for crazy? :crazy: BYU by 6.

crazy like a fox, that kinda crazy; I for one agree that Anderson will be called on to hack-it-up, and that Abouo will also play a significant role with his big body,and that KC will also play big for us against the Spaztecs, just like he did vs. Zona, another hyper-athletic team we dispatched.


I kinda feel this way too. My only advice is DONT PASS THE BALL TO ANDERSON!. He has no confidence in even making a dunk or a layin. Use him on D and use up his PF's to save some from Noah and Davies.
I
IowaCougar
Off subject - but interesting. Kawhi Leonard's first name is pronounced Kah-Wai, or pretty much the same as the Island "Kauai" in Hawaii. It's also pronounced (sort of ) like the word "kawaii" in Japanese, which means "cute". So Leonard is either cute or tropical, take your pick :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.